5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed Rail accessories

PARAM2019

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Bighorn with bed rails. Are these rails proprietary? Are there third party accessories that will fit. I’d like to use the rails but build adjustable storage to fit my needs.

Thanks

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge rails are proprietary and no Mopar attachments. Peruse the thread below, there are other threads within it that covers the topic. There are some "backing nuts" that fit the rail and are available via Amazon within the threads.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Someone said they used Toyote cleats on theirs. I had some homemade brackets on mine. I used unistrut nuts to hold them. They didn't fit perfect, but good enough to clamp and hold my tent in place.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Someone said they used Toyote cleats on theirs. I had some homemade brackets on mine. I used unistrut nuts to hold them. They didn't fit perfect, but good enough to clamp and hold my tent in place.
Correct. I bought an extra set of 4 cleats off Amazon that were made for Toyota’s and they fit perfectly. The OEM bed divider also attaches to the utility rails.

Sportznut

Reaction score
Yep, my son-in-law gave me the cleats that came with his Toyota Tundra, they're the same.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought 4 oem Toyota Tacoma cleat from eBay for $20 and they work with our rails.

22Ram1500InAR

Reaction score
What do you all mean by cleat? If you mean the connection point similar to what came with the Ram/Mopar rails, then perhaps the Toyota cleats will fit. However, for attaching other accessories, I had to shave a bit off of the height of a t-nut designed to fit the Toyota rail system in order to attach things to the Mopar bed rail. See below.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anybody ever search for aftermarket accessories made for Gladiators? The rails should be the same. Being a Jeep, I would think there would be more third-parties making accessories for it.

22Ram1500InAR

Reaction score
Anybody ever search for aftermarket accessories made for Gladiators? The rails should be the same. Being a Jeep, I would think there would be more third-parties making accessories for it.
That is an excellent idea, and the Jeep rails look identical.

Users who are viewing this thread