5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed mats for Ramboxes?

revvr

Reaction score
What is everyone using as a bed mat for their trucks with Ramboxes? It appears that virtually no manufacturer is making them for Ramboxes and what is available requires cutting.

Is there anything out there that works for these beds?

revvr

Reaction score
Updating the thread: I ended up getting Mopar's bed mat which is listed as compatible for a truck with Ramboxes. However, Mopar's definition of "compatible with Ramboxes" means they give you a non-Rambox mat and the buyer has to cut it to size in order for it to fit a truck with Ramboxes.

The mat is great, I just wish they were more upfront about their definition of compatibility with Ramboxes.

sagthedog

Reaction score
Updating the thread: I ended up getting Mopar's bed mat which is listed as compatible for a truck with Ramboxes. However, Mopar's definition of "compatible with Ramboxes" means they give you a non-Rambox mat and the buyer has to cut it to size in order for it to fit a truck with Ramboxes.

The mat is great, I just wish they were more upfront about their definition of compatibility with Ramboxes.
Can you link the mat you purchased and provide some feedback on fitment and quality after cutting the mat to size? I'm looking for options and would appreciate the info. Cheers!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dee Zee universal 4x8 bed mat and cut down to size. My local tractor supply had one in stock. It’s the right width you just have to cut some of the length.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Smon

Reaction score
Bed rug makes one specific for ram boxes.

if you are going to cut one, then a stall mat is super cheap

Fishwiz

Reaction score
Also the full bedrug from gen 4 rambox works in the gen 5. I have it and love it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Rambunktious

Reaction score
My wife picked up this Mohawk Home recycled rubber floor mat for my 2021 Longhorn without Rambox and although its about 15 inches too long for the 5'7" bed, I think it will be a great bed mat. It's very heavy, so no worrying about it blowing out, plus it has deep grooves to lift anything in the bed above any water that might get past the tonneau cover. Because it is too long, I just folded up the end closest to the cab and laid it against the back of the bed. Best part is that it only cost $27 at Lowe's with my military discount. Here's the link in case anyone is interested. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Mohawk-Hom...n-4-ft-x-6-ft-Actual-48-in-x-72-in/1000043729

revvr

Reaction score
Attaching a picture of my result. The part number is 82215784AB.

20201011_161109.jpg

There are a couple of things to note though.

1) This rubber is thick. I used a straight edge to mark the cut and then used a utility knife to do the cut. The job took me about 20 minutes and I went through both sides of one blade.

2) The mat's cutting from the factory is not great. In my picture you can see in the tailgate edge that there are some loose strands there. I didn't cut that, that's how it came from Mopar.

3) This is probably the worst one. The tailgate mat that comes with this kit is not compatible with this tailgate unless you drill into it. I left mine off because I don't want to start drilling into a leased truck. Also worth noting that the cover's top holes, which should align with the tailgates top black screws, don't align perfectly. The holes on the mat are maybe 1-3 cm off from the holes, which means that you need to make a new hole to make it fit. You could technically drill the mat for the top holes and then use something like heavy duty velcro to secure the bottom flap, without drilling through the tailgate.

The mat with the logo looks pretty good if you're able to not pay attention to the imperfections of the factory's cut or your cuts, but with my result I'm not entirely sure it is worth the trouble. Some people in this thread were recommending Tractor Supply rubber mats or Lowes mats. If I had to do this again, I would at least entertain the idea which might save me $150 or so.

Cobr96

Reaction score
I bought a stall mat from tractor supply, it's 48 inches wide had to cut the length by about 6 inches, it's says it's 3/4" thick but looks more like an inch.

Bitta

Reaction score
Also the full bedrug from gen 4 rambox works in the gen 5. I have it and love it.

I have a 2020 with Ramboxes and the MFT. I saw a video abt the "Classic" version for Ramboxes fitting, but can't use the tailgate part. Is the tailgate part attached or part of it that you have to zip on? Just wondering if I would have to cut it off. I bought the Bedrug Universal Mat but am returning it since it's just flat on the underside...not beveled out to accommodate the ridges in the bed.

Fishwiz

Reaction score
I have a 2020 with Ramboxes and the MFT. I saw a video abt the "Classic" version for Ramboxes fitting, but can't use the tailgate part. Is the tailgate part attached or part of it that you have to zip on? Just wondering if I would have to cut it off. I bought the Bedrug Universal Mat but am returning it since it's just flat on the underside...not beveled out to accommodate the ridges in the bed.
The tailgate is permanently attached to the floor peice but could be cut pretty easily I think. It comes as two peices... One to cover all horizontal surface, and the other to cover the walls. The two peices zip together.

Worth noting: the tailgate piece that you would cut off is just flat "carpet". It isn't shaped to fit the bumps in the tailgate like the rest of the bed is. This is the same as all the bedrugs I've seen/had on other trucks. I wish they'd mold it to fit better... So comfortable to kneel on.

JustCallMeD

Reaction score

Really?? I've been missing my bedrug from my 2015 and haven't got another because I want the groove fit deal not just flat on the bottom. It fits perfectly into the grooves?

Fishwiz

Reaction score
Really?? I've been missing my bedrug from my 2015 and haven't got another because I want the groove fit deal not just flat on the bottom. It fits perfectly into the grooves?
Yea, fits perfectly everywhere. Need to cut the holes for the tie downs, but that's always the case.

The main floor is perfectly contoured, the tailgate is just flat carpet without and contouring/foam padding.

Pictures show the 4gen rambox Bedrug installed in my 2020 Bighorn (BTS) rambox 5'7" bed. The wrinkles you see on the wall smoothed themselves out within a day or so. These pics were taken immediately after installing it.

78327a237ce5ffbb471badeb3db01fe5.jpg
499b6909b9db68d59a144d2fd2e1e937.jpg
983d0b769eab2f830011793c155e6797.jpg

JustCallMeD

Reaction score
Yea, fits perfectly everywhere. Need to cut the holes for the tie downs, but that's always the case.

The main floor is perfectly contoured, the tailgate is just flat carpet without and contouring/foam padding.

Pictures show the 4gen rambox Bedrug installed in my 2020 Bighorn (BTS) rambox 5'7" bed. The wrinkles you see on the wall smoothed themselves out within a day or so. These pics were taken immediately after installing it.

That's great news! Thanks for the pics and confirmation!

1ramrunner

Reaction score
I used the hard rubber Mopar Mat and cut out the pieces that would go around the wheel wells. I then took the tailgate mat and put it on the floor in front of my toolbox.

pcripley2

Reaction score
Bed rug makes one specific for ram boxes.

if you are going to cut one, then a stall mat is super cheap
They don't make one for new body style with ram boxes. I got the 2018 with ram box version and made it work. A little short at top front and back of bed and you must cut out bed light holes. Works pretty well but not exact fit.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Biesty

Reaction score

I know you already stated that it fits perfectly but I'd just like to clarify on the tailgate piece - any drilling or other modifications needed specifically due to it being for the 4th gen instead of 5th gen?

Actually I just found this video which answered all of my questions.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread