5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed Mat over Spray-In Liner?

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've have bullet liner and thick rubber mat in my ( GMC) truck since I bought it used in 2011. All going well until I took out the mat in preparation for selling/trading, several areas of the liner are discolored. Some dark and some chalky. I haven't attempted to clean so I don't know if it's permanent. Even if it is I would would and will do the same on my new RAM.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Isn’t it sad that we need to protect the spray-in liner?

Not really to protect the spray-in liner, but to keep things from sliding and to keep delicate stuff from getting scratched by the liner, like furniture. If I was on a budget, I would just get a heavy duty rubber mat instead of spray-in liner.

~Ocho1~

Reaction score
yep, I also have the Dee Zee bed mat over my factory installed spray in bed liner. Love it! nothing slides around & it's easy to remove to clean.

Orion10182011

Reaction score
I considered doing this. I have Line-x, recently had a buddy wanted a bunch of stuff moved. Including a bunch of large creek stones. I held my nose and did it.

The damn Line-x is great stuff no damage to the coating. It also seemed to grip so nothing slid around either.

revvr

Reaction score
Do these bed mats stay in place when driving on the highway at high speeds?
I have the one from Mopar and had to cut the sides because I have Ramboxes. The mat is very heavy, yet when I drive in a windy area going over 75 mph, the mat will lift off. It has happened twice for me, including this afternoon.

For the most part, they stay put. Just be careful when driving at speed in known windy areas.

HAL9001

Reaction score

I've used this in previous trucks. You won't mess this stuff up and no way it's coming out on the freeway at any speed due to it's weight.
I used these mats to cover the entire floor of my garage. It saved the concrete from road salt damage and is the best garage floor cover available anywhere. The mats are 3/4" thick heavy-duty rubber and wear like iron, almost nothing affects them.

1664807658092.png

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did not get a spray in liner but just installed a BedRug because I put a cap on the Bed
and was just going to put rug in it anyway.

Malodave

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Had Line-X Premium installed onto my 2020 yesterday. While I love the look and the protection, this surface will probably damage any scratch-sensitive items (e.g. furniture). Does anyone use a Bed Mat over their spray-in bedliner? Looking for something with a soft surface. Recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks!
I have a spray in liner as well.
HoweverI use a bedrug carpet that only covers the floor.
It works perfectly.
See attached picture

Attachments

• 53E60F4B-B486-478E-8679-E3CDD49EBE32.jpeg
    53E60F4B-B486-478E-8679-E3CDD49EBE32.jpeg
    133.2 KB · Views: 37

Dewey

Reaction score
In my case I got mine not to protect the liner, but to prevent stuff sliding all over the place.

Cheers,
Same here. My BedRug XLT is also much easier on my knees when climbing around back there to retrieve stuff.

FDF4398D-2026-40B8-BCAB-51F1F5260F29.jpeg

uscgmac

Reaction score
I got the rough country bed mat on top of my line x
098694bcf79e57bce5e06eaabd55d6f7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I got the same one. Works great and nothing slides around.

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Been thinking about going the Bedrug Impact May to put over my spray in bedliner, mainly for comfort & reducing sliding. My questions is does it still drain properly where the bed meets the tailgate??

Attachments

• 17389DDD-1FAB-460E-A33F-F5EBEEBD2C85.png
    17389DDD-1FAB-460E-A33F-F5EBEEBD2C85.png
    241.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 5761A0AB-75A8-4D85-A012-B1A9BFE8DB69.png
    5761A0AB-75A8-4D85-A012-B1A9BFE8DB69.png
    182.4 KB · Views: 32

Slippy's Dad

Reaction score
If that was a concern when you got the Line-X standard, then you should have upgraded to the Premium version (missed opportunity for the salesperson), that one is supposed to be thicker & softer on the knees. Saying that, I had the standard Line-X spray in my last truck and I have never had an issue with it scratching items stored in back. Your furniture should not be rolling around the bed anyway, so no reason for anything to scratch? I never felt a need to have a bed mat on top of a liner; granted there are a whole bunch of you that feel it's needed, but a quality spray-in liner will protect the bed as-is.
One word of caution with the horse mats...they off-gas horribly, so if you park in a garage, it is going to stink for a while. Those are big in the home gym community and that is the #1 complaint. If you don't have a tonneau cover and the bed sits in the full sun, that may help get rid of the smell sooner...but something to keep in mind. Of course, that would be another reason to get the Premium version of Line-X, as it has UV protection. I had a tonneau, so the standard was fine before and will be on my new Ram.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
If that was a concern when you got the Line-X standard, then you should have upgraded to the Premium version (missed opportunity for the salesperson), that one is supposed to be thicker & softer on the knees. Saying that, I had the standard Line-X spray in my last truck and I have never had an issue with it scratching items stored in back. Your furniture should not be rolling around the bed anyway, so no reason for anything to scratch? I never felt a need to have a bed mat on top of a liner; granted there are a whole bunch of you that feel it's needed, but a quality spray-in liner will protect the bed as-is.
One word of caution with the horse mats...they off-gas horribly, so if you park in a garage, it is going to stink for a while. Those are big in the home gym community and that is the #1 complaint. If you don't have a tonneau cover and the bed sits in the full sun, that may help get rid of the smell sooner...but something to keep in mind. Of course, that would be another reason to get the Premium version of Line-X, as it has UV protection. I had a tonneau, so the standard was fine before and will be on my new Ram.

If you got the factory spray-in liner off the lot, you really didn't have a choice. Factory spray liner is like sand paper and stuff slips too easily on it. Honestly, if my truck didn't have a spray-in liner from the start, I would have gotten the heavy duty mat as my only bed protection instead. Best bang for your buck, unless you need side protection of course, it should suite most people most of the time.

Mdhwoods

Reaction score
If you got the factory spray-in liner off the lot, you really didn't have a choice. Factory spray liner is like sand paper and stuff slips too easily on it. Honestly, if my truck didn't have a spray-in liner from the start, I would have gotten the heavy duty mat as my only bed protection instead. Best bang for your buck, unless you need side protection of course, it should suite most people most of the time.
Sent some 2.5 gallons jugs of chlorine from the back to the front. You’re not kidding, once you break the friction coefficient, all bets are off. Mat arrived today, that should fix that problem.

Dyeelitt

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Limited with factory bed liner, 6’4” bed, MFT. I added a Husky rubber liner and it works well. Minimal things sliding and much more gentle on knees and things riding in back. Highly recommend. It is heavy

Last edited:

RBJ

Reaction score
I own a 2021 RAM 1500 DT (6 lug nuts) Limited Longhorn with both the RamBox storage system AND the Multi-Function Tailgate (MFT). It's a Crew Cab with the short bed (5' 7").

Most, if not all, other brands’ rubber bed mats will NOT fit a RAM with both RamBox and MFT.

I am interested in finding out if the Mopar truck bed mat is a precision cut drop-in for a RAM 1500 with the configuration described above.

Please advise if anyone has purchased this Bed Mat and if it’s a precision fit.

Mopar’s website: 2021 Ram 1500 5.7L HEMI V8 4WD Limited Longhorn Crew Cab Bed Mat for 5' 7 Beds - 82215784AB | Libertyville IL

Bed Mat For 5' 7 Beds​

Part Number: 82215784AB
$151.20 (discount price).

Users who are viewing this thread