5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed Mat over Spray-In Liner?

The Critic

Reaction score
Had Line-X Premium installed onto my 2020 yesterday. While I love the look and the protection, this surface will probably damage any scratch-sensitive items (e.g. furniture). Does anyone use a Bed Mat over their spray-in bedliner? Looking for something with a soft surface. Recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

• bedliner3.jpg
    bedliner3.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 271
  • bedliner2.jpg
    bedliner2.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 270
  • bedliner1.jpg
    bedliner1.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 258

brawler1588

Reaction score
I got the rough country bed mat on top of my line x
098694bcf79e57bce5e06eaabd55d6f7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I use a Dee Zee, had it in my Gen 4, and it needed a little trimming to fit in the Gen 5, but works well and has lasted me 5 years and counting. Inexpensive too.

rgrizz

Reaction score
I do. I've had bed mats in every one of my trucks for the past 30 years whether the bed is plain or has a drop in or spray bed liner. I just bought a 2019 2500 Big Horn Friday with a spray in bed liner and the first thing I ordered was a bed mat. I use them mainly to keep things from sliding around in the bed.

Bwsteg

Reaction score
Do these bed mats stay in place when driving on the highway at high speeds?

LamboTexas

Reaction score
I have this one over my spray in liner. As other have said, it keeps stuff from sliding around, easier on knees, etc. These are heavy and absolutely zero chance they come out driving down the highway. Even though they are heavy, they are easy to remove to clean out bed. 2F26E2CE-BA8E-4FB9-9164-F20E5ABF6E0E.png

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That is the ultimate combo, spray-in liner with a heavy duty rubber mat, which is what I'm currently running for the reasons you mentioned.

I have a model specific Dee Zee heavy duty mat. I use it for a two major reasons. One, it prevents items from moving around in the bed. The other is to prevent the sand paper like spray in liner from scratching up items I put in my bed, like a piece of furniture.

In fact, if I could only have one choice between a spray-in liner or a bed mat, I would choose the bed mat in a heart beat. A mat is all I had on my previous truck, it was there for almost 5 years since new and when I removed it, the bed still looked brand new underneath. Not once did I remove or clean under the mat in those 5 years.

Last edited:

Sonnie

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have the Mopar RAM mat over my Line-X Premium... mainly for the grip ability, but to keep the scrapes down as well.

NoMoFoMoCo

Reaction score
I have Rhino Liner and I bought the Commercial Doormat from Home Depot that another Forum member suggested. It works great and cheaper than a bedmat.

DSPS

Reaction score
I have Rhino Liner and I bought the Commercial Doormat from Home Depot that another Forum member suggested. It works great and cheaper than a bedmat.
a link and or picture of this commercial doormat please?

GGJGRAM

Reaction score
using bed rug on top of spray in liner. Great product and protect all bed surfaces. Been using them in my trucks since 2006.

NoMoFoMoCo

Reaction score

DSPS

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread