5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed light install opinions...

RodRow

Reaction score
I went the simple route and I’m extremely happy with the outcome. Links below provide my install deets:

STOKED

Reaction score
I went the simple route and I’m extremely happy with the outcome. Links below provide my install deets:

I went an even easier route, initially. Haha

worked great, the light is directional, has a magnetic base so you can stick it anywhere in the bed, and it’s rechargeable. I just wanted a more permanent solution In the end.

BTS Warrior

Reaction score
I've been thinking of a magnetic switch. Open the tailgate...light comes on.
Also want to put another push button switch in series with it so the lights can be turned off if I need the tailgate down for an extended period. Having trouble finding a push button that doesn't have a "memory" though. I want the lights to come on every time the magnetic switch cycles regardless of the position of the push button...it's maddening.

Reaction score
I decided to wire them independent of the tailgate and cargo with a simple switch. I'm not saying this is the best way to do it, but it suits my purposes. I was struggling with the price of OEM. If you want to see me talk too much about my reasoning hahaha, here's a video. There's also some talk of fabricating the harness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/