5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed light factory hole plugs

RHeller1

Reaction score
So my truck for some reason or another does not have covers where the factory bed lights are suppose to be installed. I am guessing they were removed when the bed got rhino lined and never replaced. whatever...I am trying to find a part number or a set of these? Cant seem to find the part number on any diagram. any help?

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So my truck for some reason or another does not have covers where the factory bed lights are suppose to be installed. I am guessing they were removed when the bed got rhino lined and never replaced. whatever...I am trying to find a part number or a set of these? Cant seem to find the part number on any diagram. any help?
Pretty sure it is 68312765AC
3350f44b242965bbe89a2988ea250291.jpg

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

highgear2005

Reaction score
Had line x sprayed, now my covers won’t lock in place. So you might be wasting your money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had line x sprayed, now my covers won’t lock in place. So you might be wasting your money.

Probably just a little material on the rim of the cut out, should be able to just dremal any excess material.

RHeller1

Reaction score
I will just trace the outside of the plug and clean off the linex. the big hole is awful looking

Walveg35

Reaction score
Heads up, I had my Linex liner put in last monday. My covers were there when i picked my truck up, but by the time i got home, they were no longer in place. I put them back in place several times, but they still continue to just come loose everytime I drive my truck.

highgear2005

Reaction score
Heads up, I had my Linex liner put in last monday. My covers were there when i picked my truck up, but by the time i got home, they were no longer in place. I put them back in place several times, but they still continue to just come loose everytime I drive my truck.

That’s my experience as well, I will not trim the line x and have learned to live with the hole. I did consider applying jb water weld to the covers from the back side. That’s still up in the air.

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had both my bumpers linex on my 2011 Ram and I predrilled and expanded the holes by 1/16” to 1/8” therefore not having to cut away at the linex and exposing the steel to fit all the screws and bolts

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Most likely they snapped off the tabs that hold the covers in place, probably because the tabs wouldn't snap into place once the linex was sprayed.

Users who are viewing this thread