5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed divider question ?

Sixxshooter

Reaction score
I purchased a 2020 Ram Rebel back early 2020 . I got the truck with crew cab 5’7” bed with Ram boxes and SPRAY IN BEDLINER Option . I wanted the bed utility group but couldn’t find it . Any way on the window sticker it says spray in bedliner but my Rebel has not only the spray in bedliner it also has the led bed lights . They also gave me 2 key fobs and 2 physical keys . The 2 physical keys open the ram box but I’m wondering if I was supposed to get the BED DIVIDER as well ?? Did anyone else get 4 keys all together without the BED DIVIDER ? I’m a little confused .

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
They also gave me 2 key fobs and 2 physical keys . The 2 physical keys open the ram box but I’m wondering if I was supposed to get the BED DIVIDER as well ?? Did anyone else get 4 keys all together without the BED DIVIDER ? I’m a little confused .

Short answers: No, Yes. Longer answer is the bed divider is part of the Bed Utility Group (BUG) if equipped with the Rambox option. Since you didn't have the BUG you shold not have gotten a bed divider. My previous truck came with the Ramboxes but not the BUG, so no bed divider. But it still came with the 4 keys (2 actual keys and 2 inside the fobs). Yes, I did get 4 keys without the bed divider on that truck. What I'm curious about is whether you get 4 keys if you don't have the Rambox option.

Mister 4x4

Reaction score
I saw the cargo rails listed on the BUG when I was shopping for trucks a few weeks ago, and even saw them in pics I found of the BUG-equipped trucks. But when I got mine (it had 5K miles on it already, so 'new-ish'), I noticed it was missing the cargo rails (the mounting holes are there, though). So, it looks like someone prior to me buying my truck most likely removed the cargo rails. I only received 2 fobs, no extra keys (no Ram Boxes, of course).

I don't even think I've ever seen a bed divider, to be honest.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I saw the cargo rails listed on the BUG when I was shopping for trucks a few weeks ago, and even saw them in pics I found of the BUG-equipped trucks. But when I got mine (it had 5K miles on it already, so 'new-ish'), I noticed it was missing the cargo rails (the mounting holes are there, though). So, it looks like someone prior to me buying my truck most likely removed the cargo rails. I only received 2 fobs, no extra keys (no Ram Boxes, of course).

I don't even think I've ever seen a bed divider, to be honest.
Since you bought this truck used there's no way for you to know whether it came with 2 keys or 4. It's common for dealerships to overlook any extra keys. They're usually only interested in getting both fobs. I still have the 2 "normal" keys that came with my previous truck since I kept the bed divider when I traded it in and the bed divider was keyed for that truck. It didn't come with the BUG so I had to order and pay for the bed divider on my own dime. It cost a cool $1000 so I was damn sure keeping it LOL.

Mister 4x4

Reaction score
Since you bought this truck used there's no way for you to know whether it came with 2 keys or 4. It's common for dealerships to overlook any extra keys. They're usually only interested in getting both fobs. I still have the 2 "normal" keys that came with my previous truck since I kept the bed divider when I traded it in and the bed divider was keyed for that truck. It didn't come with the BUG so I had to order and pay for the bed divider on my own dime. It cost a cool $1000 so I was damn sure keeping it LOL.
Wow. I thought the extra keys would've been for the Ram Boxes, not knowing that the bed divider would be keyed (which kind of makes sense, to keep it from getting swiped).

After looking it up, I think I might just be needin' me one of them there things. ;-) I know I hated chasing stuff around in the bed when my old-school soft tonneau cover was nailed down on my 2012. I actually screwed a bike hook ("hang it from the ceiling in the garage" style) into the end of a broom so I could have something to reach almost all the way to the front wall of the bed to drag stuff back.

So, does the bed divider come with the side rails, or are they separate items? I found a genuine Mopar kit for the bed divider on Amazon, but it said it did not come with the side-mounted cargo rails. Mine seems to be missing those rails, after all.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Wow. I thought the extra keys would've been for the Ram Boxes, not knowing that the bed divider would be keyed (which kind of makes sense, to keep it from getting swiped).

After looking it up, I think I might just be needin' me one of them there things. ;-) I know I hated chasing stuff around in the bed when my old-school soft tonneau cover was nailed down on my 2012. I actually screwed a bike hook ("hang it from the ceiling in the garage" style) into the end of a broom so I could have something to reach almost all the way to the front wall of the bed to drag stuff back.

So, does the bed divider come with the side rails, or are they separate items? I found a genuine Mopar kit for the bed divider on Amazon, but it said it did not come with the side-mounted cargo rails. Mine seems to be missing those rails, after all.
Like I said above, the bed divider I was referring to will only work with the rambox bed. It will not work if you don't have the rambox option. There is a different Mopar bed divider you can buy which does mount to the utility rails, and is for non-rambox beds. It looks like it does come with the utility rails as well. Here's a link...

Mister 4x4

Reaction score
Like I said above, the bed divider I was referring to will only work with the rambox bed. It will not work if you don't have the rambox option. There is a different Mopar bed divider you can buy which does mount to the utility rails, and is for non-rambox beds. It looks like it does come with the utility rails as well. Here's a link...

Yeah, that's the one I saw... and when I saw the rails, I was immediately stumped on how those rails were supposed to mate up to the existing rails of the BUG (which mine doesn't have anymore, apparently). Mine has pretty much everything with the BUG, but they must've pulled the cargo rails (the mounting holes are there, after all)... that, or they ordered the spray-in bed liner and cargo lights individually (which kind of makes no sense - especially since I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have punched-out the mounting holes for the cargo rails from the factory if they weren't to be included). I also don't seem to have the deployable bumper step, either. I'm not seeing the option on the build site where you can order 'just' the bed cargo lights, although you can delete the spray-in bed liner for $200 savings. Meh... it's technically a used truck, as I bought it with right around 5100 miles on it - so, who knows what happened? It's mine now, though... that's all that matters. ;-)

Hey thanks for the link and the info - I'll probably snag one of those soon (I gotta get busy on my Jeep, though - my buddy just called me to say he got his Jeep running with my old 6-cylinder and if I keep going this way, he'll have it back on the road before I even get mine running with the V8 I swiped from his Jeep - LOL!).

Mister 4x4

Reaction score
Actually, I just did a VIN look-up, and no BUG. The Spray-In Bedliner by Mopar is found as Standard Equipment under "Functional/Safety Features," and the Pick-Up Box LED Lighting is found under "Exterior Features" right before the list of Optional Equipment. So, I guess I got the mounting holes as standard equipment, but not the cargo rails.

Rookie Mistake - should've done that first thing - LOL!

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Actually, I just did a VIN look-up, and no BUG. The Spray-In Bedliner by Mopar is found as Standard Equipment under "Functional/Safety Features," and the Pick-Up Box LED Lighting is found under "Exterior Features" right before the list of Optional Equipment. So, I guess I got the mounting holes as standard equipment, but not the cargo rails.

Rookie Mistake - should've done that first thing - LOL!
I believe all the Rams come with the holes, my Big Horn did with no rails (added later).

Sixxshooter

Reaction score
Thanks for the information guys . Looks like I need to buy one separate . Between the expense of that and getting keys made up for it ?? The price will be astronomical . Better off making something .

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thanks for the information guys . Looks like I need to buy one separate . Between the expense of that and getting keys made up for it ?? The price will be astronomical . Better off making something .
Yeah, they are a bundle. It's in the $1000 range when all is said and done. Check garage sales and estate sales in your area for a used one. Also keep an eye on craigslist or ebay. I've seen them come up for sale from time to time. Saw one at an estate sale for $50 a couple years ago. I didn't buy it because I didn't have a truck with ramboxes at the time. You can get the lock cylinder for about $30. It comes with the tumblers to key it to your truck keys, so you can either key it yourself or ask the parts department to do it. So even if you buy a used divider you can re-key it to your truck keys.

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
My Laramie doesn't have Ram boxes but did come with the BUG. For a bed divider, I lucked out. Since this truck came with the bed package, it has the rails and movable tie-down points in it already. In my pile of ever-growing junk, I had a new cargo net for a Chrysler 200. This was placed in the trunk of our former 2017 Charger R/T by mistake. It wasn't long enough to work in the Charger's trunk. So the dealership gave us another one that did fit and the dealer didn't want the one we got back.

TirePressure04.jpg

Turned out it's a pretty perfect fit. All I need to do was install a cargo jack below it to hold it down. This should be perfect to keep groceries and other relatively light stuff from sliding to the front of the bed.

TirePressure05.jpg

My sweetie is really happy with this setup. :cool:

Tonneau01.jpg

HemiDude

Reaction score
I had no idea you could get a lockable bed divider. Does anyone have a pic of the locking area of theirs?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I had no idea you could get a lockable bed divider. Does anyone have a pic of the locking area of theirs?
The lock-able bed divider being discussed is only for trucks with ramboxes. I have no idea if the non-rambox bed divider is lockable or not, or if there is a lockable one available for trucks without ramboxes. Are you asking for a picture of the rambox bed divider? The lock cylinder is in the center of the handle you use to lock it in place. Circled in red.
Rambox bed divider.JPG
I pulled this off the internet. Notice that the bed divider is mounted upside down, as are the bed extender pegs.

Last edited:

HemiDude

Reaction score
The lock-able bed divider being discussed is only for trucks with ramboxes. I have no idea if the non-rambox bed divider is lockable or not, or if there is a lockable one available for trucks without ramboxes. Are you asking for a picture of the rambox bed divider? The lock cylinder is in the center of the handle you use to lock it in place. Circled in red.
View attachment 101097
I pulled this off the internet. Notice that the bed divider is mounted upside down, as are the bed extender pegs.
Ok thanks. I don't have the ram boxes, guess that's why I hadn't heard of the locker before. I appreciate your time!

Ramerk

Reaction score
Just installed the bed divider for first time. Why doesn’t mine have a lock in the middle? Did they do away with those?

Attachments

• IMG_0015.jpeg
    IMG_0015.jpeg
    184.4 KB · Views: 12

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread