5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed Cap Options (pics welcome)

Helmetface

Reaction score
Hey all, in anticipation for recieving my Big Horn Crew Cab with the 6'4" bed, I'm looking at bed caps.

I've never owned one on any of my prior trucks, but I would now like one.

That being said, Holy $h|+ these things aren't cheap! I was looking at an A.R.E. Z2. And the dealer quoted me just over $3200. I was blown away. The only options I added were keyless entry and a single LED interior strip.

Is this common pricing? I refuse to buy a $50k+ truck and put some chincy aluminum crap on it. Whatever I get will need to look good and be functional.

So, what other options are out there? It's my preference to not have a cap that raises the cab height any and follows the body and seams in a way that makes the unit look like it belongs.

I might just have to suck it up and pay the small fortune, but figured I'd ask first!

Thanks!

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

MG99

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey all, in anticipation for recieving my Big Horn Crew Cab with the 6'4" bed, I'm looking at bed caps.

I've never owned one on any of my prior trucks, but I would now like one.

That being said, Holy $h|+ these things aren't cheap! I was looking at an A.R.E. Z2. And the dealer quoted me just over $3200. I was blown away. The only options I added were keyless entry and a single LED interior strip.

Is this common pricing? I refuse to buy a $50k+ truck and put some chincy aluminum crap on it. Whatever I get will need to look good and be functional.

So, what other options are out there? It's my preference to not have a cap that raises the cab height any and follows the body and seams in a way that makes the unit look like it belongs.

I might just have to suck it up and pay the small fortune, but figured I'd ask first!

Thanks!
I was quoted $2395 for an ARE Z2 without any additional options on a 5’7” bed.

saxapl

Reaction score
The Z series is obviously the best looking, but we have CX classics and MX on two other trucks and they look good. They do not look bad. I am going with a CX because I need the side windows to open completely and Z will not do that. I think CX is probably cheaper too.

Rob Gag

Reaction score
I had to special order a LEER Topper and it was $2500 with matched paint

Users who are viewing this thread