5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BDS 3" Elite Coilover for Ram 1500 DT

SoCalSteve

Reaction score
I purchased this kit from BDS (acquired by Fox Factory in 2014) and after install the suspension was bowing (coil rubbi g shock body)...see pic. I am getting the run around from BDS and Fox. They said this happens sometimes and a very reputable local shop (30+ years same ownership and thousands of vehicles went through them to mod) said this is defective. i spent more $$ with BDS because of their no BS claim. i have found this to happen a few other times (Ford and Tacoma kits) with the Fox 2.5 front set up. Anyone ever see this? 1000007992.jpg

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have not seen this. Other than the UCA's, what other parts does BDS do for this setup?

SoCalSteve

Reaction score
I purchased this kit from BDS (acquired by Fox Factory in 2014) and after install the suspension was bowing (coil rubbi g shock body)...see pic. I am getting the run around from BDS and Fox. They said this happens sometimes and a very reputable local shop (30+ years same ownership and thousands of vehicles went through them to mod) said this is defective. i spent more $$ with BDS because of their no BS claim. i have found this to happen a few other times (Ford and Tacoma kits) with the Fox 2.5 front set up. Anyone ever see this? View attachment 169813
just the UCA, but they package with fox shocks. fox doesn't sell direct

Daverous

Reaction score
Mine did this when the adjusting collar at the top was threaded at an angel. I had to compress the coil, loosen the set screw, and whack it around until it was straight. At least that’s the advice accutune gave me to avoid sending them in. Check and make sure yours is seated properly just in case.

SoCalSteve

Reaction score
Mine did this when the adjusting collar at the top was threaded at an angel. I had to compress the coil, loosen the set screw, and whack it around until it was straight. At least that’s the advice accutune gave me to avoid sending them in. Check and make sure yours is seated properly just in case.
yeah...I believe there might be an issue with this suspension kit and the coil. they sent me another one and same thing happened

DownNTexas

Reaction score
I purchased this kit from BDS (acquired by Fox Factory in 2014) and after install the suspension was bowing (coil rubbi g shock body)...see pic. I am getting the run around from BDS and Fox. They said this happens sometimes and a very reputable local shop (30+ years same ownership and thousands of vehicles went through them to mod) said this is defective. i spent more $$ with BDS because of their no BS claim. i have found this to happen a few other times (Ford and Tacoma kits) with the Fox 2.5 front set up. Anyone ever see this? View attachment 169813

Months old, but did you ever get this situation solved? Wanting to pull the trigger on this set up and revisiting owner's experiences on the forum.

mplaramie

Reaction score
I have this kit in boxes ready to go on the new Ram. Interested in the resolution and outcome.

Users who are viewing this thread