5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery replacement 2019 laramie

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Gotcha! Guess I missed that. Crazy no stores had it in stock. Wonder if a lot of vehicles near you use, or they just don't stock often.
I didn't even see a space for it when I went there, I was checking labels to see if it was mislabeled or out of stock but nada. It is what it is. I do know if you order stuff onoje it sometimes gets removed from the shelf and sent from the store why us why I ordered this one that said "boxed" assuming it would come from the manufacture and not some ultra old dusty battery from a store semi-nearby.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We have H8 at majority of the Walmart, when I looked up earlier. Must be a location thing.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
We have H8 at majority of the Walmart, when I looked up earlier. Must be a location thing.
I'm 100% sure it is.
When I go far away I make sure to go into a Walmart to check out all the differnet things there are inside.
I bet if I went into an Autozone I would find an H8, they are also looking for like $250 for the same $180 battery I just got from Walmart though.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
LOL.
Local dealership parts department wouldn't pickup so I called the next closet dealership 25 minutes away.
They said the only dealership nearby that has the battery shield 05033397AE in stock is just over an hour away.
He said he could order it for me and it would be $29.

MSRP is 22.15, my state take would bring it up to $23.53, so they want to charge $5-6 over MSRP for an item that is always sold under MSRP (is $16.63-$16.50 on store.mopar.com).
If I order it online after tax AND shipping it ends up being $22.33, still $7 cheaper then the dealership which I would need to drive to.

I really hate stealerships.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agreed! When I lived in Az there was a wholesale dealership I would order online and go pick up at the same dealership that if you went there would charge more in person.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Well I wonder if all this water and ice was messing with my battery.
Guess I'm using a heat gun and drilling holes in it

Edit: whoops, put 1 hole right through the wheel liner

P_20240119_122615.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online