5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery drain-unknown

U

User_106309

I have a 2022 5th gen 1500 Laramie. I ordered it loaded including the 12” Uconnect system. My Uconnect has been glitchy ever since I bought it. The truck is 9 months old, with 9,000 miles.

About a week ago I couldn’t get the truck to recognize the key fob to unlock or to start. Finally, I got the truck started and all was good. Next morning I come out, open the rear door, power running board deploys, I get something out of the truck, close the door, go inside. Come back a few hours later, my running board is still deployed, battery is dead. Jumps start the car and drive around.

Next day, I take it to the dealer. They can’t find any power draw. Next day, the dealer goes to start it up, car is dead. No codes, no nothing. They jump start it, keep the car for 4 more days. Could never find any problems. Not with the battery, the radio, nothing.

Anyone have any thoughts? I’m about to trade this in on a Ford.

Thanks

JSG

U

User_106309

Thanks for the advice. I will do that. The dealer said the battery was good as you already knew they likely did. I have a Chrysler case worker on the claim and I will push her for a new battery.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A messed up battery can easily cause electrical gremlins. I'm no electrician but sometimes it's the simplest things first. I just replaced my original two weeks ago. It lasted almost 3 yrs. Then it was just done.

DannyMc

Reaction score
I have a 2022 5th gen 1500 Laramie. I ordered it loaded including the 12” Uconnect system. My Uconnect has been glitchy ever since I bought it. The truck is 9 months old, with 9,000 miles.

About a week ago I couldn’t get the truck to recognize the key fob to unlock or to start. Finally, I got the truck started and all was good. Next morning I come out, open the rear door, power running board deploys, I get something out of the truck, close the door, go inside. Come back a few hours later, my running board is still deployed, battery is dead. Jumps start the car and drive around.

Next day, I take it to the dealer. They can’t find any power draw. Next day, the dealer goes to start it up, car is dead. No codes, no nothing. They jump start it, keep the car for 4 more days. Could never find any problems. Not with the battery, the radio, nothing.

Anyone have any thoughts? I’m about to trade this in on a Ford.

Thanks

JSG
I just got resolution to a 4 month nightmare. Truck started having problems late December. Replaced battery, problem returned in 2 weeks. Dealer had truck 2weeks, replaced BCM ($600), got battery replaced under Wal-Mart warranty since it was only a month old. Problem recurred within days. Dealer kept truck a few days and returned it “no issue found.” Problem returned. Took truck in at beginning of March. Dealer kept it for 8+ weeks. They tested all 53 modules, they worked with Stellantis Star Techs, they kept me updated, but couldn’t find the issue. They rescanned all modules, did software updates on all, and finally tracked it down to a bad circuit board in the LR taillight (which includes sensors for Blind Spot Alert & ParkSense). Taillight was communicating on the bus, “waking up” other systems, which ran down the battery. They replaced taillight ($1100+$400 labor for 48+ clock hours of diagnostic labor), and truck hasn’t died in 3 days. Unfortunately, I now have a ”Service Trailer Brake” system warning in dash, so I’m going to schedule another dealer service visit. Hopefully, it’s something simple, like getting bus to recognize new taillight.

RLee276

Reaction score
Bad new is Uconnect will always be glitchy. Mine has been since day one. Hope you figure out your battery draw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online