5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery Died, now no Uconnect

stevestrike

Reaction score
So my battery was completely dead when I went out to the truck this afternoon. The truck is just over a year old, so the issue could be due to the excruciating heat we've had here in Texas this month, or something more sinister (the common battery drain issues). At this point, I don't really know.

What I do know is that I successfully jump started the truck and at firs all of the usual alams went off--check traction system, check this, check that. The truck exhibited the common "won't shift out of first gear" symptom too. I drove it for a block, circled back to my house and shut it off and started it up again. That cleared most of the error messages except...

I now have no uConnect screen.. No A/C, no controls, nothing. Looking at auto-stop/start in the main cluster shows "Start/Stop Not Ready Front Defrost Selected" Of course, I have no front defrost controls, as they are part of the uConnect system. I tried the "soft reset" I read about where you hold the green talk button and the speaker button--no dice.

I've checked all of the fuses I coudl find both under the hood and under the steering wheel. All of them were OK. I've read somethign about a 'hidden' fuse for uConnect, that I could not locate on my truck.

So any suggestions here, or am I just doomed to spend the next however many hours with the dealership? Thanks in advance.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Take it to the dealer. My battery died a few times and they ended up swapping it under warranty about a year ago. No issues since.

WasatchBack

Reaction score
Many of us having regular (12 times in a year) dead batteries prematurely (from 2 weeks old). Issues will clear in a day or so usually.

RSConsulting

Reaction score
Many of us having regular (12 times in a year) dead batteries prematurely (from 2 weeks old). Issues will clear in a day or so usually.

^^^^ THIS.

My battery has only died once (fingers crossed).

It usually takes a few hours for all the computers in the truck to re-establish communications. I've had to disconnect the battery to reset the "emergency call" function (hit the button by accident, no one ever picked up - and you cannot turn it off - ended up cancelling my security features).

They talk to each other - even when the truck is off (which sometimes drains the battery - especially if the auto-leveling system keeps running).

After awhile - everything should return to normal.

Rick

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So my battery was completely dead when I went out to the truck this afternoon. The truck is just over a year old, so the issue could be due to the excruciating heat we've had here in Texas this month, or something more sinister (the common battery drain issues). At this point, I don't really know.

What I do know is that I successfully jump started the truck and at firs all of the usual alams went off--check traction system, check this, check that. The truck exhibited the common "won't shift out of first gear" symptom too. I drove it for a block, circled back to my house and shut it off and started it up again. That cleared most of the error messages except...

I now have no uConnect screen.. No A/C, no controls, nothing. Looking at auto-stop/start in the main cluster shows "Start/Stop Not Ready Front Defrost Selected" Of course, I have no front defrost controls, as they are part of the uConnect system. I tried the "soft reset" I read about where you hold the green talk button and the speaker button--no dice.

I've checked all of the fuses I coudl find both under the hood and under the steering wheel. All of them were OK. I've read somethign about a 'hidden' fuse for uConnect, that I could not locate on my truck.

So any suggestions here, or am I just doomed to spend the next however many hours with the dealership? Thanks in advance.

Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
RamCares

Users who are viewing this thread