5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Base 6 speaker system 6x9 UPGRADE !

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I do not have any experience with them but the base audio (6 speaker) is 8 ohms for the dash speakers and 2 ohms for the doors. The dash speakers are in parallel with the front door speakers giving the door speakers a 4:1 power ratio over the dash speakers. Overall it is a 1.6 ohm load for each front "channel".

The Amazon link you posted shows 3.5 ohms for the dash speakers and 3.2 ohms for the doors. This puts the door/dash speaker ratio at nearly 1:1 for power making the dash speakers much more prevalent than before. Overall it is a 1.67 ohm load keeping nearly OEM loading for those channels.

Everybody's tastes are different which is why there are so many options out there. MarkB67 thought the failtalPROs sounded weird where I think they sound find and am happy with them. Many others have been happy with Kicker or Infinity dash speakers.

If you are not happy with the base audio (which most of us aren't) then mixing it up with a whole new set of speakers may be what you need.

Hopefully someone will chime in with some experience with the speakers you listed.

MarkB67

Reaction score
I do not have any experience with them but the base audio (6 speaker) is 8 ohms for the dash speakers and 2 ohms for the doors. The dash speakers are in parallel with the front door speakers giving the door speakers a 4:1 power ratio over the dash speakers. Overall it is a 1.6 ohm load for each front "channel".

The Amazon link you posted shows 3.5 ohms for the dash speakers and 3.2 ohms for the doors. This puts the door/dash speaker ratio at nearly 1:1 for power making the dash speakers much more prevalent than before. Overall it is a 1.67 ohm load keeping nearly OEM loading for those channels.

Everybody's tastes are different which is why there are so many options out there. MarkB67 thought the failtalPROs sounded weird where I think they sound find and am happy with them. Many others have been happy with Kicker or Infinity dash speakers.

If you are not happy with the base audio (which most of us aren't) then mixing it up with a whole new set of speakers may be what you need.

Hopefully someone will chime in with some experience with the speakers you listed.
I’m only running the 6x9 Pioneer ts-g690 in the doors with factory dash speakers and it made a huge difference, I’m not really considering a dash speaker unless I could find a 8ohm speaker in Infinity or Kicker but no loss at all if I can’t locate them

MarkB67

Reaction score
U

User_34235

Where did you get all of your items from? Crutchfield is not listing the same items (Pioneer and Metra) that you list as fitting nor is Amazon. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Ratchet

Reaction score
How is the bottom end on the replacement speakers compared to the OEM? While I don't listen at high volumes, this system could have so much more potential. I've been in the audi game for years, but got out of custom stuff due to lack of time. On the Ram audio, anything past half volume and distortion rears its' ugly head. Coming from a Grand Cherokee with the middle grade system and a factory sub, the Ram audio could be so much better.

Mopar-Rock

Reaction score
Local shop did my upgrades to system. JBL C1 6x9 on doors. 3.5 on dash adding center (not there originally from factory) JBL DSP 4086 AMP. Tuned and sounds awesome. No sub......yet lol

MarkB67

Reaction score
Where did you get all of your items from? Crutchfield is not listing the same items (Pioneer and Metra) that you list as fitting nor is Amazon. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Best Buy for the Pioneers and Crutchfield for the adapters

U

User_34235

Looks like the speakers are on sale at Bestbuy for $35.00 a pair. Talked to Crutchfield and the speaker connectors are now the Metra 72-6515 for my 2021 Bighorn. All of it for less than $100.00. Thanks for the help.

MarkB67

Reaction score
Looks like the speakers are on sale at Bestbuy for $35.00 a pair. Talked to Crutchfield and the speaker connectors are now the Metra 72-6515 for my 2021 Bighorn. All of it for less than $100.00. Thanks for the help.
I figured they would go on sale after I purchased some lol

Bossdog421

Reaction score
Was talking to the wife about these speakers and a couple of other small upgrades i wanted to add to the the truck. Now shes getting everything on the list for my birthday. Got to wait another month but probably going to take it that long to warm up anyways lol

Told her to order the speakers while they were on sale

2020Big4x4Horn

Reaction score
Put these pioneers in today. Right off the bat noticeable difference. I dont feel the pack the same low end punch the stockers had, but overall they're louder and don't distort at high volumes. I also put on an ANC bypass.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

U

User_34235

Put these pioneers in today. Right off the bat noticeable difference. I dont feel the pack the same low end punch the stockers had, but overall they're louder and don't distort at high volumes. I also put on an ANC bypass.

What does the ANC bypass do? Tried looking online to see and could not find anything good. Thanks

cajun456

Reaction score
What does the ANC bypass do? Tried looking online to see and could not find anything good. Thanks
It by passes the active noise canceling device and gives a spot to connect to the speaker wires if using an amp. Also, if you use a small amp that requires 14 gauge or smaller wire you can connect the power there.

U

User_34235

Thanks for the explanation...I don't have a plan to put an Amp in so I will just add the Pioneer speakers and call it a day.

MarkB67

Reaction score

I feel that mine completely blow away the stock speakers in every aspect! Low end - highs-mids, the stockers didn’t have anything worth mentioning- garbage to say the least, I didn’t do the ANC Bypass

Users who are viewing this thread