5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bad Outside Temp and Top view blacked out on drivers side

Airbearmd

Reaction score
The dealership recently replaced the drivers side mirror due to the original one being loose. Ever since then I have been getting wildly inaccurate temps indicated and when the outside temp gets below 40F I get a blacked out spot on my top view backup display on the drivers side. Anyone else having these issues? It seems the drivers side mirror controls quite a few functions on the Uconnect.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The dealership recently replaced the drivers side mirror due to the original one being loose. Ever since then I have been getting wildly inaccurate temps indicated and when the outside temp gets below 40F I get a blacked out spot on my top view backup display on the drivers side. Anyone else having these issues? It seems the drivers side mirror controls quite a few functions on the Uconnect.

Hi Airbearmd,

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble you are currently experiencing with your truck. Have you had a chance to address this with your dealer? I am happy to learn additional details of your situation to determine how to best assist at this point. Please follow up with us via private message when you can!

Mark
RamCares

Airbearmd

Reaction score
Hi Airbearmd,

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble you are currently experiencing with your truck. Have you had a chance to address this with your dealer? I am happy to learn additional details of your situation to determine how to best assist at this point. Please follow up with us via private message when you can!

Mark
RamCares

Shortly after purchasing the truck I noticed that the drivers side mirror was loose and took the truck back to the dealer. They said there was no way to tighten it and replaced it with a new mirror which did solve that problem. I now have 2 strange issues going on. The outside temperature is often wrong and seems stuck on an earlier reported temp, such as yesterday where it was 61 degrees here and it was reporting 30 all day. That night on a trip to the store it was reporting correctly. The most annoying glitch is an intermittent one when putting the vehicle in reverse there is a blacked out portion of the top view on the drivers side. I took the truck to the dealer while it was doing this and the technician was able to see the problem but offered no solutions. It does seem to be temp related as I usually only see the issue when it is below 40F. I have come to rely on this feature and very much would like to get it functional again. I really like this truck and will be patient as RAM works thru these issues.

I have attached a jpeg file showing the top view problem.

Attachments

• RAM Uconnect.jpg
    RAM Uconnect.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 32

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Shortly after purchasing the truck I noticed that the drivers side mirror was loose and took the truck back to the dealer. They said there was no way to tighten it and replaced it with a new mirror which did solve that problem. I now have 2 strange issues going on. The outside temperature is often wrong and seems stuck on an earlier reported temp, such as yesterday where it was 61 degrees here and it was reporting 30 all day. That night on a trip to the store it was reporting correctly. The most annoying glitch is an intermittent one when putting the vehicle in reverse there is a blacked out portion of the top view on the drivers side. I took the truck to the dealer while it was doing this and the technician was able to see the problem but offered no solutions. It does seem to be temp related as I usually only see the issue when it is below 40F. I have come to rely on this feature and very much would like to get it functional again. I really like this truck and will be patient as RAM works thru these issues.

I have attached a jpeg file showing the top view problem.

Thank you very much for the follow up on this. Would you mind sending over your VIN via PM when you get a chance? I would like to learn additional details of your situation to determine how to best assist at this point. Thank you in advance!

Mark
RamCares

Airbearmd

Reaction score
Thank you very much for the follow up on this. Would you mind sending over your VIN via PM when you get a chance? I would like to learn additional details of your situation to determine how to best assist at this point. Thank you in advance!

Mark
RamCares

The VIN number is
1C6SRFPT4KN751908

Mark
RamCares

The VIN is:
1C6SRFPT4KN751908

Boscowtx

Reaction score
Did you get any feed back from Ram on how to fix the Ambient air temp fixed, mine was doing fine, then went up to 92, when actual air temp was 57

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you get any feed back from Ram on how to fix the Ambient air temp fixed, mine was doing fine, then went up to 92, when actual air temp was 57
Mine has been working fine until this morning when i got in the truck and it read 41 when the outside temp is 20. The seat and steering wheel heat didn’t come in needless to say with remote start. It’s now stuck in 41. Anyone have any feedback on a fix?

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine has been working fine until this morning when i got in the truck and it read 41 when the outside temp is 20. The seat and steering wheel heat didn’t come in needless to say with remote start. It’s now stuck in 41. Anyone have any feedback on a fix?
Update: after driving around for about 15 mins the temp went down but is still off about 6 degrees (higher). Kind of defeats the purpose of the auto seat and steering heat if the thermometer can’t read the proper temps while sitting overnight. Any input is appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread