5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bad fuel?

StitchTrusty

Reaction score
Hey I had just gotten back from vacation, drove about 12 hours back home from FL so anyways I’ve noticed that my truck sounds like it’s clanging underneath whenever I start it. I’m not sure if the exhaust, bad fuel, or something else. This is the first long road trip it’s been through. Thinking about taking it to the dealer.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Greetings!

Would you mind posting some information about your vehicle? That would help us help you further. Model year, engine, trim level, 4x4 or 4x2, etc. Many of us include this in our signatures, located at the end of every post, so that we don't have to type it up repeatedly.

When you say clanging underneath, is it coming from the rear end area, the engine area, or somewhere else?

StitchTrusty

Reaction score
Greetings!

Would you mind posting some information about your vehicle? That would help us help you further. Model year, engine, trim level, 4x4 or 4x2, etc. Many of us include this in our signatures, located at the end of every post, so that we don't have to type it up repeatedly.

When you say clanging underneath, is it coming from the rear end area, the engine area, or somewhere else?
My apologies, my Ram is 2020 White 1500 Bighorn, crew cab. The noise is coming from underneath. Exhaust.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Have you read about broken exhaust bolts? It seems pretty common and may have happened somewhere on your road trip. Just a guess.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Is this happening on the first start of the day or on every start? Some early builds make a clang if you press "too hard" on the brake pedal while starting. Next time you start the truck use minimal pedal pressure or remove your foot as the truck starts. There were a few threads about it not too long ago

StitchTrusty

Reaction score
Is this happening on the first start of the day or on every start? Some early builds make a clang if you press "too hard" on the brake pedal while starting. Next time you start the truck use minimal pedal pressure or remove your foot as the truck starts. There were a few threads about it not too long ago

It’s making the noise always at the start of the day, & sometimes at random times.

Users who are viewing this thread