5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backup Camera quit working 2020 truck

Turbodiesel

Reaction score
I purchased my new truck on Saturday. Everything has been great(new vehicles usually are). I get in the truck today and put it in reverse and my backup camera is just black. I put it back in park and tried again, same result. I turn the truck on and off and still had no backup camera. I went back to the dealership today and they had to do a reset on the Uconnect 12 to get the camera back up and going. Anyone else ever have this issue or something like it?

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yup. Did that the day I picked it up! It wasn't black, but Frozen in the on mode. Could not get bu camera to go off. Dealer did a reset, has been flawless since, ( one month). Common issue. Don't let it ***** you.

Turbodiesel

Reaction score
We shall see, I have never had an issue with Uconnect so this is a first.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I purchased my new truck on Saturday. Everything has been great(new vehicles usually are). I get in the truck today and put it in reverse and my backup camera is just black. I put it back in park and tried again, same result. I turn the truck on and off and still had no backup camera. I went back to the dealership today and they had to do a reset on the Uconnect 12 to get the camera back up and going. Anyone else ever have this issue or something like it?

Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
RamCares

Turbodiesel

Reaction score
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
RamCares
I took it to the dealership and they ended up resetting the Uconnect and everythings seems fine now. If it happens again I will reach back out to you. Thank you.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I took it to the dealership and they ended up resetting the Uconnect and everythings seems fine now. If it happens again I will reach back out to you. Thank you.

No problem! Reach out anytime.

Alison
RamCares

Users who are viewing this thread