5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

B2 Fabrication Muffler installed- Moderate version

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The biggest concern I had before the muffler arrived was if the clocking position of the flange and hangers would be where they needed to be. They lined up well enough so the install went well. I bought a new flange gasket since this doesn't come with the assembly and installed the new unit without any major issues. Instead of using the clamp I welded the pipe for a cleaner and more permanent custom look.

I bought the moderate sound version and its good for me since I don't want obnoxious, but still wanted a little growl. I would recommend B2 if you want to do this yourself without too much technical knowhow needed.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I installed one of these on my last truck. I also installed one on my daughter's Rebel. They seem to be well made, and fit perfectly. Still trying to decide on what I want to do with the exhaust on my new truck. I really enjoy the smooth quiet ride of the Limited, but I also enjoy hearing the exhaust at times. I'm leaning towards installing the same muffler on my new truck.

Moe70

Reaction score
Trying to decide what I want to do to my truck. Looking for a little more aggressive sound without waking the neighbors or upsetting the wife. Thinking about the B2 Fab moderate system with their 5" tips. Are you still happy with your decision and do you have any excessive cab noise when at cruising at highway speeds.

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Their oval muffler is on par, sound wise, with the Flowmaster FlowFX. Had one of those and could barely tell it from stock until mashing the gas. Even then it was way too subtle for me. Ended up with a muffler delete and love it. There is VERY slight drone noise around the 1600 rpm range and nothing at highway speeds. I'd really like to hear one of these trucks, in person, with the round muffler option, though.

5" tips? (y)(y) These trucks should've come with them from the factory.

Users who are viewing this thread