5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

B2 Fabrication

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Guys I have a video, its a terrible video but I will share it anyway. The first part is shot with a phone and the second with a GoPro so it is what it is. I will get some better videos of these resonator deletes this summer, basically they are going to add a little volume and tone to whatever muffler you are running.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
One thing I noticed when I heard the mopar catback in person yesterday, hanging with @PorBoy , and it seems to be confirmed with this clip, is that the annoying “ticking” sound goes away when you delete the resonators. It drove me crazy in the beginning when I swapped my muffler. I don’t remember whether it was there with the stock muffler but I noticed it when I did the muffler swap. Maybe the pressure changed and caused it or maybe it was always there? But i can even hear it in the first (before delete) video above which makes me believe it’s the resonators. As I said I also didn’t hear it on the mopar catback, which also does not have any resonators. It also seems the 5” tip upgrade helps improve the tone as well. Looking forward to doing this delete and the 5” inch tips.

Jbartlett

Reaction score
Okay, I just put the video together. Like I said, it's just a startup video, so please lower your expectations before watching, lol. Both startups are after the truck had been sitting for an hour, so it's still warm. Cold start is louder, I can get a video of that in the morning, if anyone would like to hear it before deciding to remove the resonators.
This is the same setup i have and have been on the edge about getting the resonator deletes with it bc i dont want to make it too much louder lol i love the sound that is has now but i wouldnt mind getting rid of the puttering sound from the weep holes on start up as well as cleaning up the drone a little bit more.. When you get a chance would you mind taking a video of a startup after warm?! Im leaning towards doing the resonator delete with the magnaflow! TIA

sawyer84

Reaction score
I absolutely love it. It's definitely got more of a growl to it, sounds a little more like a muscle car. I have a tune so MDS doesn't ever activate, so I can't report on what it sounds like when it does. Although before I had the tune I would always put it in -8 so MDS would never come on. If you don't mind the exhaust being a little louder, I would definitely do it.

sawyer84

Reaction score
As promised, here’s the video. I literally pulled in the driveway, turned it off, jumped out and started it back up. It honestly sounds like the other video I posted, lol.

2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn | Black Appearance Package | 3.92 Anti-Spin | B2 Magnaflow Muffler | S&B CAI

vinnrox250

Reaction score
As promised, here’s the video. I literally pulled in the driveway, turned it off, jumped out and started it back up. It honestly sounds like the other video I posted, lol.

2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn | Black Appearance Package | 3.92 Anti-Spin | B2 Magnaflow Muffler | S&B CAI

Sounds awesome!! I think this is a winner for me also! Thank you for taking the time to do this!!

Jbartlett

Reaction score

I love it! Think you got me sold lol thx again man sounds great!

Reaction score
Do you guys think the 5" exhaust tips will make an addtional difference in sound?

Some black ones will be coming out soon so I was thinking about upgrading to some 5" ones. I'm sure they will look good alone in Tempe bigger size. Just wondering if they would give it a different sound, I believe B2 tips are double walled as well.

popcenator

Reaction score
Do you guys think the 5" exhaust tips will make an addtional difference in sound?

Some black ones will be coming out soon so I was thinking about upgrading to some 5" ones. I'm sure they will look good alone in Tempe bigger size. Just wondering if they would give it a different sound, I believe B2 tips are double walled as well.
Yes, the 5" tips should make the tone deeper in my experience.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Yes, the 5" tips should make the tone deeper in my experience.

Yeah that is what I would figure as well.

I am having an inner debate with myself regarding the purchase of the muffler deletes and tips. So the price between the deletes and the 5" exhaust tips would cost more then the price of the muffler alone. Not saying the prices are bad at all from B2 fabrication because I'm sure an exhaust shop alone would charge me $200cdn or more just to weld in piping to delete the resonators, doing this probably would take away the adjustability factor that Matt's kit allows you to do. You can adjust from the tip and adjust from the spot you need to cut.

I am fighting with myself due to price. I total I would be around $1000cdn (give or take) just for a muffler, 2 delete pipes and 2 5" pipes. Local pricing of a Borla Atak system runs around $1400-$1600cdn BUT this kit would be piping from the front flange (in front of muffler) all the way to the back which ends with 2 5" exhaust tips that I think are about 12" in length (the factory ones are probably only 4" in length and Matt's might be close to that as well).

Decisions, decisions..... lol

P.S. - This is not bashing Matt's products or Prices at all. I loved the fact I could install the muffler in my driveway without any issues. I love the fact that same can be done for the resonators deletes. I love the fact you still get the adjustability over going to an exhaust shop which would more then likely be weldling and not slip on so no adjustments can be made. Just wanted to make that clear.

popcenator

Reaction score
Yeah that is what I would figure as well.

I am having an inner debate with myself regarding the purchase of the muffler deletes and tips. So the price between the deletes and the 5" exhaust tips would cost more then the price of the muffler alone. Not saying the prices are bad at all from B2 fabrication because I'm sure an exhaust shop alone would charge me $200cdn or more just to weld in piping to delete the resonators, doing this probably would take away the adjustability factor that Matt's kit allows you to do. You can adjust from the tip and adjust from the spot you need to cut.

I am fighting with myself due to price. I total I would be around $1000cdn (give or take) just for a muffler, 2 delete pipes and 2 5" pipes. Local pricing of a Borla Atak system runs around $1400-$1600cdn BUT this kit would be piping from the front flange (in front of muffler) all the way to the back which ends with 2 5" exhaust tips that I think are about 12" in length (the factory ones are probably only 4" in length and Matt's might be close to that as well).

Decisions, decisions..... lol

P.S. - This is not bashing Matt's products or Prices at all. I loved the fact I could install the muffler in my driveway without any issues. I love the fact that same can be done for the resonators deletes. I love the fact you still get the adjustability over going to an exhaust shop which would more then likely be weldling and not slip on so no adjustments can be made. Just wanted to make that clear.
You just have to decide how loud you want the truck. The ATAK is a loud system. The muffler, resonator delete and tips would definitely not be as loud. The tone would also be a little different I think.

Reaction score
You just have to decide how loud you want the truck. The ATAK is a loud system. The muffler, resonator delete and tips would definitely not be as loud. The tone would also be a little different I think.

I'm more or less was just comparing prices.. full system vs a muffler/resonator delete and exhaust tips.. B2's kit isn't a full exhaust.

I don't want an ATAK really, my friend's dad has it on his truck and I find it way to loud for everyday travel. I enjoy the Magnaflow B2 kit it's good enough sound for me. If I didn't drive this everyday I would probably want something like the ATAK or Type-S.

I think the resonator delete and maybe the 5" pipes will make it just perfect for my needs.

Bigcat24

Reaction score
Like I said before, I have the Flowmaster Outlaw direct-fit muffler and the B2 resonator deletes. I have a video I took but I don’t know how to upload it. It’s very loud at startup and full throttle, but cruising and low speeds it’s not overly loud. Surprisingly the drone is relatively less than I expected.

MG99

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Like I said before, I have the Flowmaster Outlaw direct-fit muffler and the B2 resonator deletes. I have a video I took but I don’t know how to upload it. It’s very loud at startup and full throttle, but cruising and low speeds it’s not overly loud. Surprisingly the drone is relatively less than I expected.
There is an “attach files” button below where you post comments. Should open an option for videos.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I posted a clip of the b2fab magnaflow muffler with b2fab resonator delete kit here:

UPDATED

Last edited:

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One thing I noticed when I heard the mopar catback in person yesterday, hanging with @PorBoy , and it seems to be confirmed with this clip, is that the annoying “ticking” sound goes away when you delete the resonators. It drove me crazy in the beginning when I swapped my muffler. I don’t remember whether it was there with the stock muffler but I noticed it when I did the muffler swap. Maybe the pressure changed and caused it or maybe it was always there? But i can even hear it in the first (before delete) video above which makes me believe it’s the resonators. As I said I also didn’t hear it on the mopar catback, which also does not have any resonators. It also seems the 5” tip upgrade helps improve the tone as well. Looking forward to doing this delete and the 5” inch tips.
Thats becasue of the weep holes in the resonators.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online