5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

B2 Exhaust Installation

Ryancassidy

Reaction score
So it went very simple on my new 2021 RAM, although I didn't anticipate needing silicone (which I didn't have). After installation there is a small leak around the band clamp as evidence by water dripping/sputtering out on cold start.

Question, it won't take but about 15min to unbolt and put silicone in there, but is it necessary? Just curious what other folks have done. part of me says it will seal itself up in due time, part of me say its a good outlet for the water, but the other part of me says just get in there and put silicone on it Dumb &#$. lol

Install was very simple and the product is excellent. I love the sound. Took about 30min or so.

Ryan

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had same as you described. I haven’t wasted anymore time on it. Adjusted here and there. Once warmed up it goes away. Why I paid so much attention to it was the resonance under truck after install. Which ended up being resonators weep holes. Which I closed off and no issues after.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Had same as you described. I haven’t wasted anymore time on it. Adjusted here and there. Once warmed up it goes away. Why I paid so much attention to it was the resonance under truck after install. Which ended up being resonators weep holes. Which I closed off and no issues after.
What did you use to close up the resonator weep holes?

Ryancassidy

Reaction score
I was just going to ask that.. I have some JB Weld I thought about plugging them :)

Thanks for the info on the B2 installation. I'll leave it as is.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What did you use to close up the resonator weep holes?
Small hammer and a flat faced punch or can use a 3/8ths extension. Was going to jb weld afterwards but cold or hot I haven’t felt/heard out of them since. So no jb yet.

Krootz

Reaction score
I have to say that I like the B2 Fab company and the owner seems like a stand up guy.

With that being said, I will not buy their products because they just can’t get their band clamps right. Over and over I’ve heard people complain about this even after the “new and improved” band clamp version.

Why bother taking a chance with a “DIY” bolt on kit when I can get a welded version of the same thing for $80 at a muffler shop down the street?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
The clamp sent with my kit was correct and no issues. I did have issues with my 2019 kit. He has since corrected his clamp situation.

Krootz

Reaction score
I keep hearing that he corrected it and got new band clamps. Then I see posts like this with people complaining about exhaust leaks...still

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I keep hearing that he corrected it and got new band clamps. Then I see posts like this with people complaining about exhaust leaks...still
My kit was just delivered on Wednesday of last week and the clamp is the correct one. Can't speak for those that ordered in the past.

Krootz

Reaction score
I don’t mean to sound pessimistic or rude, I was just severely disappointed because I HATE having other people do my work. I was excited to get a bolt on kit because it seems easy to do. When I found out that everyone had issues with B2 system leaks and the answer was having it welded, it negated the idea of me doing it myself. I can’t weld, so if I’m gonna bring it to a shop to get welded, I might as well just have them fab up the work in house and save some money.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I don’t mean to sound pessimistic or rude, I was just severely disappointed because I HATE having other people do my work. I was excited to get a bolt on kit because it seems easy to do. When I found out that everyone had issues with B2 system leaks and the answer was having it welded, it negated the idea of me doing it myself. I can’t weld, so if I’m gonna bring it to a shop to get welded, I might as well just have them fab up the work in house and save some money.
I totally get it. I am the same way...I HATE letting other people touch my cars/trucks. If I do it myself, then I know it's right! All I'll say is the quality of the kit is excellent and the clamp was the correct size. I checked around locally, and to get the Magnaflow muffler I wanted and have it installed was going to be about $200 and not $80. I chose to spend a bit more for a bolt/clamp on unit that I could do myself. Having the discount code helped make the price differential palatable and I had a good time today putting it on with a fiends help that has a shop with 8 lifts.

Krootz

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I didn’t mention I was speaking about the straight pipe kit (muffler delete). For sure with the muffler cost I can see $200 at a shop

taz2016

Reaction score
I have no leaks with my B2 Fab replacement even though it has the old style clamp. Taking the advise of others on this forum I used a little Permatex 81878 Ultra Copper Maximum Temperature RTV Silicone during installation. I don't know if it was needed, but I don't like doing installations over again.

Ryancassidy

Reaction score
So I took it off and reinstalled... lol.. hey it only takes 15min.. literally...

This time I followed the instructions and put some silicone in there. Reinstalled and let it dry overnight and I have ZERO leaks.

His clamps work great. Just follow his instructions :) my lesson learned. Although I did learn something doing it twice too. Lol.

So far very happy with it. I need to close my weep holes in the resonators today and then that will be all done!

Very happy I went with B2. I prefer to pay a bit extra for well thought out and put together stuff that keeps me out of the shops... just easier with my schedule and my preference to get my hand dirty.

antwon412

Reaction score
Nice tips here. My oval muffler came in this week. Ordered some of the high temp silicone sealant mentioned above.
Plan to install next weekend.

Bassinb

Reaction score
I used copper permatex as well, with the redesigned clamp and some home made "gasket" in there I got that sucker tight. No leaks.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I used copper permatex as well, with the redesigned clamp and some home made "gasket" in there I got that sucker tight. No leaks.
Just for giggles, I ordered some on Amazon...will be here tomorrow and I am going to do the same just for the he** of it.

Users who are viewing this thread