5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

B Pillars Trim Removal

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone have access to a workshop manual or know how the B Pillar trim comes off?

My PPF guy is leary of putting PPF on there without a template and the right size film...says it very soft and cutting it freehand on there he's bound to cut into it. I want to pull it off and cover it in PPF myself if I can get it off. They get scratched up very easily at the car wash.

8YgfGye.jpg

TimG

Reaction score
I'm probably wrong since its a '19, but on my '05 and '17 those were just stickers that could be peeled off with a little help from a heat gun.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm probably wrong since its a '19, but on my '05 and '17 those were just stickers that could be peeled off with a little help from a heat gun.

I mean the entire hard plastic panel, B pillar trim. Not sure what you mean by stickers? They are a glossy black - same as on my F150 and very soft. They get scratched to hell in the car wash. Want to put PPF on them just like I did on my front end...

I Love Grits

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

tdwilli1

Reaction score
Does anyone have access to a workshop manual or know how the B Pillar trim comes off?

My PPF guy is leary of putting PPF on there without a template and the right size film...says it very soft and cutting it freehand on there he's bound to cut into it. I want to pull it off and cover it in PPF myself if I can get it off. They get scratched up very easily at the car wash.

8YgfGye.jpg

Those are just plastic wraps on the pillars. I took them off my 2016 and I will be taking them off my 19. It's got your regular color underneath. BTW I have the same color as yours!

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Those are just plastic wraps on the pillars. I took them off my 2016 and I will be taking them off my 19. It's got your regular color underneath. BTW I have the same color as yours!

Have any pics of them off on your 2016?

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hmm...not sure it'd look good in red between the chrome and windows. Is it just held on with tape?

tdwilli1

Reaction score
Hmm...not sure it'd look good in red between the chrome and windows. Is it just held on with tape?

It's just sticky plastic wrap. Peels right off. I got the Laramie Sport package so I won't have the chrome.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well damn. Not sure it's worth putting PPF on them if they are super cheap/easy to replace!

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
The 2019 Laramie with Chrome package, Longhorn and Limited have piano black plastic trim there, it is not vinyl film like on the 4th gen trucks or 2019s with other packages.

As far as removal I'm not too sure, if you open the door do you see any fasteners holding it on?

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The 2019 Laramie with Chrome package, Longhorn and Limited have piano black plastic trim there, it is not vinyl film like on the 4th gen trucks or 2019s with other packages.

As far as removal I'm not too sure, if you open the door do you see any fasteners holding it on?

No fasteners. And yep, black plastic trim not peel and stick vinyl.

Blackoutram2019

Reaction score
Yeah the new 2019 rams have a hard plastic. Its not vinyl. Is about 1/16 thick my trucks black so i see them *** pointless im gonna call ram and see if its paint under there like before. Also looks like rubber weather strips are attached to it.

RBRK

Reaction score
I believe they use double sided acrylic tape, they aren’t like the stickers on the 4th gen, thankfully mine always wrinkled and ended up tearing. I work on Honda cars and we have similar trim, all are peel and stick. They wouldn’t really be able to be reused once removed.

Blackoutram2019

Reaction score
Anyone remove a 2019 pillar cover is it just like the past year paint and smooth?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Any installer worth his salt should be able to apply PPF there without removing the panel. If your guy can't, I'd find another shop.

I Love Grits

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah the new 2019 rams have a hard plastic. Its not vinyl. Is about 1/16 thick my trucks black so i see them *** pointless im gonna call ram and see if its paint under there like before. Also looks like rubber weather strips are attached to it.

Yes there is paint underneath the trim, but there are slots for the spring retainers that help hold on the panel so you probably wouldn't like the look with it removed. See attached.

I believe they use double sided acrylic tape, they aren’t like the stickers on the 4th gen, thankfully mine always wrinkled and ended up tearing. I work on Honda cars and we have similar trim, all are peel and stick. They wouldn’t really be able to be reused once removed.

Correct. Double sided tape & some spring retainers.

Attachments

• Front Door - Applique - Removal and Installation.pdf
    85.4 KB · Views: 366

Users who are viewing this thread