5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Average cost for a front bumper repaint? Delmonico Red

Adjutant

Reaction score
Hey all,
I just bought a 2021 Laramie yesterday in Delmonico Red. The front bumper has a fair amount of rock chips in in.
Its not noticeable outside of 10 feet, but its bugging me.

Does anyone know what an approximate cost would be for a repaint? Ive got the MOPAR touch up paint in my Amazon cart if the repaint is expensive (relatively)

Cocheese

Reaction score
Depends on where you live. It's going to be around $1k. This include 3 hrs of labor to overhaul the bumper, fill, sand and prime, paint plus material. Assuming that labor is $65/hr and paint material is $45/hr. Your truck has three stage paint.

PM-Performance

Reaction score
I would say $1k if it was 2010. lol.
They are going to give you a song and a dance about how the paint is hard to match and hard to get and hard to apply and every other excuse under the sun.
I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s atleast $2300 just to do the bumper if they don’t try to rope you into blending other stuff as well.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
You use use touch up paint, but expect to keep using it.
I recommend getting it through a website called scratches happen as they have these nice little brush like ball things that work a million times better than a paint pen.
You need to go to a local body shop for a real quote but expect nothing less then 1k. Expect it to be around $1600 in total give or take a little.

Adjutant

Reaction score
I found a site and called them. Its painted oem parts. They charge $1200 for a brand new OEM bumper painted to match.
I still need to call some local places. Hell, for $1200 Id get a new bumper and PPF it. Especially if I get quoted north of $1400 for just a repaint

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I found a site and called them. Its painted oem parts. They charge $1200 for a brand new OEM bumper painted to match.
I still need to call some local places. Hell, for $1200 Id get a new bumper and PPF it. Especially if I get quoted north of $1400 for just a repaint
There is a 0% chance you are buying a $1200 new OEM bumper painted to patch.

Adjutant

Reaction score

You think this is a scam?
Its been in business for nearly 6 years, and has a 5 star rating out of 2600 reviews, and a 5 star BBB rating

Adjutant

Reaction score
You use use touch up paint, but expect to keep using it.
I recommend getting it through a website called scratches happen as they have these nice little brush like ball things that work a million times better than a paint pen.
You need to go to a local body shop for a real quote but expect nothing less then 1k. Expect it to be around $1600 in total give or take a little.
Thanks for the site recommendation! Im checking them out right now

Arth

Reaction score

Its been in business for nearly 6 years, and has a 5 star rating out of 2600 reviews, and a 5 star BBB rating

My front bumper has a few damage spots. Wondering the same if this place is legit. Google photos and reviews seem to back it up as well.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

It seems to good to be true.

I did just check out the link you sent and it's $1400.
I looked up other reviews and they talk about folding the bumper, but it's a steel bumper.

As with anything on the internet buy it with a good quality credit card and get in email exactly what you are buying in case you need to do a claim and you don't get stuck painting for return shipping.
it links a part number for the bumper they paint, I would call a Ram dealership give them your vin and verify it's the correct part.

If you go for it you will need to report back how it went.

Adjutant

Reaction score
It seems to good to be true.

I did just check out the link you sent and it's $1400.
I looked up other reviews and they talk about folding the bumper, but it's a steel bumper.

As with anything on the internet buy it with a good quality credit card and get in email exactly what you are buying in case you need to do a claim and you don't get stuck painting for return shipping.
it links a part number for the bumper they paint, I would call a Ram dealership give them your vin and verify it's the correct part.

If you go for it you will need to report back how it went.
The $1400 is for a 2500. A painted OEM bumper for a 1500 is $1195. Im going to do more research. Like you said, verify the correct part number. Im also going to get onto their Facebook, and look for more reviews.

The rock chips are driving me nuts. The rest of the paint is pristine. You can tell they never drove it through a car wash with brushes. Its off lease, and the maintenance history is perfect on this truck. Its just that front bumper...ugh. Great from 10 feet out, but....

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
The $1400 is for a 2500. A painted OEM bumper for a 1500 is $1195. Im going to do more research. Like you said, verify the correct part number. Im also going to get onto their Facebook, and look for more reviews.

The rock chips are driving me nuts. The rest of the paint is pristine. You can tell they never drove it through a car wash with brushes. Its off lease, and the maintenance history is perfect on this truck. Its just that front bumper...ugh. Great from 10 feet out, but....
It's $1400 for the 1500, it's the link you sent.
There is a $200 shipping fee as it's sent via freight.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought mine from this place. Front and rear bumper, painted and free shipping, when I de-Chromed mine. Lots of work to chane over, but hey worth the price.

Users who are viewing this thread