5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Automatically fold mirrors upon locking the truck?

The_Chemist

Reaction score
I looked all through these threads and could not find a post on if you are able to program the power folding mirrors to automatically fold when you lock the truck.

Does anybody know if that is possible?

I just picked up my truck tonight and could not find that option in the Uconnect.

Thanks!

bdm219

Reaction score
I have a Big Horn with power fold mirrors. I do not have the UConnect 4C, just the 4. I don't have an option for them to fold automatically. I have to press there button for them to fold. I believe if you have the 4C, you'll possibly find the option in Uconnect. At least that's how it was on my Grand Cherokee.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a Big Horn with power fold mirrors. I do not have the UConnect 4C, just the 4. I don't have an option for them to fold automatically. I have to press there button for them to fold. I believe if you have the 4C, you'll possibly find the option in Uconnect. At least that's how it was on my Grand Cherokee.
No option on my Big Horn. I have to press the button each time.

The_Chemist

Reaction score
Yeah, it appears that you have to press the button each time. I hope a future update will add that feature. I have the 12" UConnect. I park the new truck in ,y carport next to my 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe. The space gets a little tight with the mirrors extended.

I'm afraid that I'm going to forget to fold them in sometime, and someone will walk by and break one off!

Thanks to you both for your responses!

warvet

Reaction score
My BMW had it and my wife's current Mercedes has it .........lock the door, and mirrors fold in. I do miss that. My 16 GMC, I would hold the lock button on the fob and they would fold in. I'd even take that function

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Yep, add me to the frustration. Big bummer considering they can make this optional on the UConnect settings.

djwdjw

Reaction score
I'd also like this feature (lock & fold).

I'd also like a way to turn on the mirror puddle lights when inside the truck without opening a door. Maybe there is a way but I have not found it.

1scruffynerfherder

Reaction score
I will miss this feature when my truck arrives. I just sold my M4 and that was one of the things that I coded "on" for the car so that even using the comfort access to lock the car by touching the door handle, it folded the mirrors. It's amazing what you can do with a cable, laptop and the right software.
A lot of things are already available on cars that just get "turned off" for the American market but are left on for European deliveries. I'm not sure that would be the case for north American made vehicles but I'd be curious to know if people do anything similar for these trucks.

GATORB8

Reaction score
I'd also like this feature (lock & fold).

I'd also like a way to turn on the mirror puddle lights when inside the truck without opening a door. Maybe there is a way but I have not found it.
The closest thing to the bimmer options I have found is a vendor called OBDGenie. They are mainly retrofits and each change is $200. They have a full power folding retrofit, but nothing specific to fold on lock.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
My BMW had it and my wife's current Mercedes has it .........lock the door, and mirrors fold in. I do miss that. My 16 GMC, I would hold the lock button on the fob and they would fold in. I'd even take that function

I had my BMW coded so I could open and close all the mirrors, windows, and sunroof with my key fob. Would love for someone to figure out how to do that with the RAM.

Granted I now have remote start so I can get the HVAC going in the truck remotely.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's a "feature" I wouldn't want. If it were to become one, hopefully it could be disabled. I've had power folding mirrors on my last 5 trucks, I think. None automatic. My truck sits outside, I avoid drive thru windows like the plague and I never use automatic car washes so it's rare that I even fold them, period.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's a "feature" I wouldn't want. If it were to become one, hopefully it could be disabled. I've had power folding mirrors on my last 5 trucks, I think. None automatic. My truck sits outside, I avoid drive thru windows like the plague and I never use automatic car washes so it's rare that I even fold them, period.
I don't know of any vehicle that has this feature where it can't be disabled. But I fold mine every time I pull in the garage to provide more room between our cars, and it sure would be nice to automate this.

The_Chemist

Reaction score
I don't know of any vehicle that has this feature where it can't be disabled. But I fold mine every time I pull in the garage to provide more room between our cars, and it sure would be nice to automate this.
I would love to have this automated as well. I try to remember to fold them every time I park the Ram.

I have an older house, no garage, just a carport. It's pretty tight with Mt 2 vehicles parked side by side. I'm afraid if I forget to fold the mirrors, someone could walk by and snap one off.

Attachments

• 20181103_104820.jpg
    20181103_104820.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 139

Mohab

Reaction score
I am used to press the button every time I get out of the truck

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I would love to have this automated as well. I try to remember to fold them every time I park the Ram.

I have an older house, no garage, just a carport. It's pretty tight with Mt 2 vehicles parked side by side. I'm afraid if I forget to fold the mirrors, someone could walk by and snap one off.
My garage makes your carport look pretty luxurious. We live in a 1948 ranch. With some recent additions/renovations, I extended the garage length to about 25'...but the width is constrained to <18' by the property line. So my wife backs in her SUV, and I pull forward, and we park against the walls to use the center as an aisle for both vehicles. It works, but it sure does help to keep the mirrors folded!

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
yup yup 2nd this! My husband's 2016 Laramie automatically fold & extend mirrors upon locking/unlocking, and while i was really jazzed to have power folding mirrors on my Big Horn, i was a little miffed they can't be programmed to do it automatically. And most of the time i DO remember to "hit the button" upon exit, what i MOSTLY forget is upon "ENTRY" so more than once i be going down the highway, about to merge and it definitely serves as my wake up call every time i don't notice it TILL that second...yikes! lol

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
No useful info to contribute. Just want to comment to A. see if there is any developments on this and B. Let FCA know that this should be an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread