5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Automatic side mirror tilt

mpurkey

Reaction score
Now I’m stumped. Seems like there is always random changes and incorrect advertising on features through the year. Makes no sense my level 1 bighorn has it and yet a Higher trim package (rebel) does not.

However, I hardly use it. The mirrors always returned to a slightly lower position when flipping up. It is handy for getting close to curbs when parking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I don’t necessarily want or need to use it either. Just puzzles me why some have it and some don’t.

ldoh

Reaction score
However, I hardly use it. The mirrors always returned to a slightly lower position when flipping up.

I agree. Originally I thought I was imagining it. Gotta wonder how much effort and concern FCA has when it puts new features into production. It makes no sense to botch this simple feature let alone both when it lowers and repositions. This feature has been around for over 10 years and FCA still can't get it right.

Last edited:

Omlifecrew

Reaction score
2019 Ram Rebel with power folding mirrors. I also want to have park tilt mirrors. Is this as simple as having the dealer program them to tilt or do I need new mirrors?

2020_Longhorn

Reaction score
I have issues as well, used them about twice and decided that they tilt way too far down. Adjustable or maybe half of what they do would be a big improvement. When I got my truck a few weeks ago I basically turned on every feature I could find and then turned them off 1 by 1 as they annoyed me. Auto high beam was the first I believe and then the auto tilt mirrors.

Brian

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And I don’t necessarily want or need to use it either. Just puzzles me why some have it and some don’t.

RAM docs say (right or wrong) that its standard on Laramie & up, included on Big Horn only w/Sport package.
YMMV

COSPILOT

Reaction score
I played with this today and shut it off. I was hoping it would let program how much dip I want. Not a huge deal as the surround camera is actually pretty good.

Ranger482

Reaction score
I turned mine off as well. The inability to adjust the tilt is a huge problem.. I'm frequently backing a boat down ramps and they just tilt WAY too far down. Why you can't program how much they tilt is perplexing. I like the option of using the second memory setting for backing up, but that requires remembering to press another button, wait for them to adjust, press it again to return. Not a huge inconvenience I guess, but the ability to adjust would be a much better solution.

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My Audi, MB, BMW, Volvo all did the reverse tilt, while none where adjustable, they all were useful...

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
My Audi, MB, BMW, Volvo all did the reverse tilt, while none where adjustable, they all were useful...
My 2012 Crysler 300S had them and they were useful!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread