5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Automatic side mirror tilt

Blueline308

Reaction score
The feature of automatically tilting the side mirrors while in reverse seems to be useless on my 2020 Laramie. They tilt too far down.

Is there a way to program how far they tilt? I've adjusted them while they are tilted, but they revert back again the next time in reverse.

Thanks in advance,
Jim

Last edited:

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
Unfortunately, it seems to be binary...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Snakes709

Reaction score
Mine did the same thing to. I now have a gmc at4 and it tilts less, can see the ground but can still see behind me as well

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The feature of automatically tilting the side mirrors while in reverse seems to be useless on my 2020 Laramie. They tilt too far down.

Is there a way to program how far they tilt? I've adjusted them while they are tilted, but they revert back again the next time in reverse.

Thanks in advance,
Jim
I agree with you there. The tilt down function is completely worthless; RAM needs to reprogram that.

mpurkey

Reaction score
Is the tilt down feature applicable to 2020 Ram only? I’m not aware that my 2019 has that feature. Just as well it seems.

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
Is the tilt down feature applicable to 2020 Ram only? I’m not aware that my 2019 has that feature. Just as well it seems.
It was available on 2019...you can turn it off in the stereo.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Agree. tilts too much. On my (2012) Audi, it was adjustable... Sheesh.

tdager

Reaction score
I agree mine tilt too far down rendering them useless, unless you want to see the stripes of the spot you want to park in.

To me that is exactly what they are for, the lines and curbs. Not to look at cars, that is what the regular mirrors are for. What am I missing?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
To me that is exactly what they are for, the lines and curbs. Not to look at cars, that is what the regular mirrors are for. What am I missing?
They just tilt too much. It would give you a lot more field of view while at the same time see the curb if they didn't go so far down.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
They just tilt too much. It would give you a lot more field of view while at the same time see the curb if they didn't go so far down.
^^This. Also, I only want the passenger side to tilt when backing into my garage. I could live with how much the passenger side tilts because the convex shape gives it a wider field of vision, but I need the driver side mirror to give me a view of my garage opening so I can squeeze into it and still leave room for the wife's truck.

Omlifecrew

Reaction score
It was available on 2019...you can turn it off in the stereo.

What option gives you park tilt reverse tilt mirrors? My level 2 ram and 12a packages did not include them. I only have power fold.

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
What option gives you park tilt reverse tilt mirrors? My level 2 ram and 12a packages did not include them. I only have power fold.
Level 2 Equipment Group

djjr50

Reaction score
Looks like I am not the only one disappointed in how much they tilt. I thought it was just me because I am tall (figured shorter people needed more tilt in a taller vehicle).

Now I am trying to figure out how to actually see THROUGH the tint on my front windows at night to actually use the mirrors to back up (now that I've disengaged the auto-tilt feature). Dealer installed tint and I will enjoy it being in Florida but I dont like relying on the Surround View and Reverse cameras to squeeze in a regular parking spot. Does anyone know if a thread with this problem and/or possible solutions?

ldoh

Reaction score
I've noticed the same thing. The idea is to see behind as well as possible marked parking space lines or curbs etc. It isn't confidence inspiring or any advantage to only see ground/lines nearly straight down that you already drove past.

I might try to position the 'D' side mirror position so they point slightly upward. It's not ideal but that seems to be routine for FCA these days.

Last edited:

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks like I am not the only one disappointed in how much they tilt. I thought it was just me because I am tall (figured shorter people needed more tilt in a taller vehicle).

Now I am trying to figure out how to actually see THROUGH the tint on my front windows at night to actually use the mirrors to back up (now that I've disengaged the auto-tilt feature). Dealer installed tint and I will enjoy it being in Florida but I dont like relying on the Surround View and Reverse cameras to squeeze in a regular parking spot. Does anyone know if a thread with this problem and/or possible solutions?

This may not help but I had the tilt feature on at first. Once I got used to the 360 camera setup I decided that far outperformed the tilting camera that I had on my last vehicle. I then turned off the tilting mirrors and have never missed them again.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I turned mine off since when they went back to normal they wouldn't go back to the same spot and they would be all jacked up after about 3/4 times putting the car in reverse. I worked with RAM and they told me to wait for an update which evidently will never come.

Wileykid

Reaction score
I have a new '19 3500 with the auto tilt, and agree they seem to just tilt to the max they can. Useless for me. I turned them off, and since I have the memory for two drivers, I use one for normal, and second for backing up. Wish the original memory would remember where I adjusted the mirror in reverse.

Users who are viewing this thread