5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Automatic side mirror tilt

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a new '19 3500 with the auto tilt, and agree they seem to just tilt to the max they can. Useless for me. I turned them off, and since I have the memory for two drivers, I use one for normal, and second for backing up. Wish the original memory would remember where I adjusted the mirror in reverse.
Setting the 2nd memory selection is a great idea! Thanks!

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
What option gives you park tilt reverse tilt mirrors? My level 2 ram and 12a packages did not include them. I only have power fold.
Level 2 Equipment Group

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
My Laramie has the tilt mirrors, and I only have the level 1 equipment group. My window sticker doesn't list them so I don't know which option included them. Not sure what model trucks you guys have, but I just figured the tilt mirrors were standard on the Laramie.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is the one feature I've never turned even tried or turned on.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine did the same thing to. I now have a gmc at4 and it tilts less, can see the ground but can still see behind me as well

You traded in a 5th Gen Ram for an AT4? What made you switch? How much did that cost you, GMC seems really proud of their product and never deals.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Not true. My 2019 Laramie Level 1 with 8.4 Nav has the feature.
Confirmation of what I posted earlier today.
According to my window sticker, it is true.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Looks like you have a Big Horn. Rampat and I have Laramies. Different standard equipment, different stuff in equipment level packages. Like I said earlier, it appears to be included in the Laramie as standard equipment since I have it and it's not listed anywhere on my window sticker.

Bubba33

Reaction score
It's not available on any bighorn. Laramie standard feature.

KRField

Reaction score
It's not available on any bighorn. Laramie standard feature.

My 19 Bighorn level 1 has it.

Do you guys without it by any chance have the tow mirrors? If so those suckers pull a lot of features off the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bubba33

Reaction score
My 19 Bighorn level 1 has it.

Do you guys without it by any chance have the tow mirrors? If so those suckers pull a lot of features off the truck.

It used to be just on the Laramie. With the memory seats. When you put it in reverse the mirrors automatically tilt down.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My Big Horn Level 2 has it as well. I see the option in the settings but I have never turned it on.

Elderberry

Reaction score
I had a 2010 Silverado that had them and hated them - at first. The trick is to only use them to see yellow lines or curbs but use the backup camera as primary. I like the ones on the Ram even better because it’s a better back up camera but it does all take some work to adjust too.

James1414d

Reaction score
Funny, I turned the feature off the first day I got the truck for the same reason. Totally forgot about the feature until I saw this thread.

Snakes709

Reaction score
You traded in a 5th Gen Ram for an AT4? What made you switch? How much did that cost you, GMC seems really proud of their product and never deals.

was sick of all the bs issues with my ram. 5 issues in 3 months. Also didnt realize the ****ty payload limit of the ram. Took a pretty big hit with negative equity but it was worth it. Love my AT4

mpurkey

Reaction score
Y’all, I’ve looked through the menu’s on my 2019 Rebel and don’t see the option have the mirror tilt anywhere.

KRField

Reaction score
Y’all, I’ve looked through the menu’s on my 2019 Rebel and don’t see the option have the mirror tilt anywhere.

Do you have tow mirrors?

KRField

Reaction score
No, auto fold mirrors.

Now I’m stumped. Seems like there is always random changes and incorrect advertising on features through the year. Makes no sense my level 1 bighorn has it and yet a Higher trim package (rebel) does not.

However, I hardly use it. The mirrors always returned to a slightly lower position when flipping up. It is handy for getting close to curbs when parking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online