5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Automatic Remote Start

Zambartas

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to turn this off? Either through some settings or maybe connecting a service tool?

Joshuakill1

Reaction score
REMOTE STARTING SYSTEM
The remote starting system will allow the vehicle to be started from distances of up to approximately 100 m (328 ft.) away from the vehicle. It operates using the remote keyless entry key fob which is part of your ignition key.

In order to remote start your vehicle, the hood and all the doors must be closed.

To remote start your vehicle, press the REMOTE START button on the key fob twice within three seconds. To indicate that the vehicle is about to start, the parking lights will flash and the horn will sound briefly.

Once the vehicle has started, the engine will run for 15 minutes. To cancel remote start, press the REMOTE START button once.

The parking lamps will remain illuminated to indicate that the vehicle has remote started and the engine is running. The lamps will turn off when the ignition is turned to RUN or the remote start is cancelled.

To enter the vehicle while the engine is running during a remote start, you must first unlock the vehicle using the UNLOCK button on the key fob. After the vehicle is unlocked, you have 60 seconds to enter the vehicle, insert the key in the Ignition and move it to the RUN position, otherwise the engine will cancel remote start and automatically turn off.

Remote start will cancel if any of the following occur:

• If the engine stalls or RPM exceeds 2500
  • Any engine warning lamps come on
  • The hood is opened
  • The hazard switch is pressed
  • The transmission is moved out of park
  • Low fuel indicator is on. Low fuel levels
  • The brake pedal is pressed before the vehicle door has been unlocked. If you remote start the vehicle while inside the vehicle and press the brake pedal, the vehicle remote start will cancel
The vehicle can be started remotely up to a maximum of two times. The vehicle is also allowed a maximum of one failed start. This is where the remote start sequence was initiated but the engine stopped cranking without starting. After either of these conditions, or if the Vehicle Theft Alarm is alarming, or if the PANIC button was pressed, the vehicle must be reset by inserting a valid key into the ignition and moving it to the RUN position, then back to LOCK.
any way to disable the auto locking feature?

Reagan

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is possible to change the maximum number of cycle times from twice to a larger number?
I find it a pain that I can only remote start it two times and then I have to get in the truck and start it with a key.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is possible to change the maximum number of cycle times from twice to a larger number?
I find it a pain that I can only remote start it two times and then I have to get in the truck and start it with a key.
No, not possible.

codyp1992

Reaction score
Hey guys i am new to the thread. I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn Level 2 equipment, Level 2 Equipment, basically all the options.
A day or so ago im getting ready to leave the office and I remote start the truck. When i go out to get in the doors wont unlock. Use the key to get in and hit the start button and go about my way home just thinking maybe the fob battery is going dead. Get a new battery and the doors will lock and unlock but my remote start system does not work at all. If i click it twice i dont even get a red flash at the top of the fob. Anybody else have this issue or any advice. Didn't want to spend hours at the dealer if I didn't have to. Thanks

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys i am new to the thread. I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn Level 2 equipment, Level 2 Equipment, basically all the options.
A day or so ago im getting ready to leave the office and I remote start the truck. When i go out to get in the doors wont unlock. Use the key to get in and hit the start button and go about my way home just thinking maybe the fob battery is going dead. Get a new battery and the doors will lock and unlock but my remote start system does not work at all. If i click it twice i dont even get a red flash at the top of the fob. Anybody else have this issue or any advice. Didn't want to spend hours at the dealer if I didn't have to. Thanks
Mine does not do that. I remote start the truck, then use the fob to unlock the doors as I approach the truck then I get in. No key needed.

Check all of the uConnect settings to make sure they're set the way you want and try it again before you take it in. Maybe there's something you didn't know was/wasn't set.

Users who are viewing this thread