5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Automatic high beams and Automatic rain wipers.

Ekacboon

Reaction score
i just got my ram last friday

I enabled both options
in the uconnect screen
auto wipers on..
auto high beams on..

I just sold my 2015 ram eco-lemon limited it had the same features

I had to push the high beam stick forward on the 2015 and it would dim and switch to low beams automatically
disabled when you put it on low beams
rain sensing was the same it rains they came on.

on the 2019 I can't get these to work at all
they are enabled in the radio settings
I have headlights set to auto.
i can pull back on the stick and its for flash to pass etc.
forward enables high beams but they dont dim that I can notice
(the 2015 would swap back to low beams)
even if i leave the stick on low beams they wont auto switch to high beams.

the rain sensing
I have to push one click on the wipers to get them to come on.
they will change speed then. but they dont shut off they just keep going intermittent one swipe every so often

i remember getting a car wash and the wipers would go crazy on the 2015
they dont do anything on the 2019

any ideas

can you describe what does your truck do exactly when auto high beams come on and off?

and with the wipers?

thanks

bill

RT70808

Reaction score

I enabled both options
in the uconnect screen
auto wipers on..
auto high beams on..

I had to push the high beam stick forward on the 2015 and it would dim and switch to low beams automatically

the rain sensing
they will change speed then. but they dont shut off they just keep going intermittent one swipe every so often

any ideas

can you describe what does your truck do exactly when auto high beams come on and off?

and with the wipers?

thanks

bill
Mine both work as expected, I leave the wipers on rain sense, don’t use the auto high beam unless I’m out of the city. As far as the wipers go, my local car wash requires you to be in N, that disables the rain sense wipers like it did on my grand Cherokee.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I enabled both options
in the uconnect screen
auto wipers on..
auto high beams on..

the rain sensing

any ideas

and with the wipers?

thanks

bill

Can you put your truck information in your signature so we can see what you have...im assuming it's a limited but not sure what packages you bought.

Mine works fine...yes, you push the stalk forward and you'll see a message in the information center in the dash saying it's active (obviously the lights need to be on)

Ekacboon

Reaction score
Here is the sticker
Advanced safety group
Level 2 etc.
the only things it should not have
Is the surround view camera
And power folding mirrors?
There is no folding mirror
Button.

I picked this on the lot I did not order this truck.

Attachments

• D1689EE7-7A38-417B-B158-BB17860E6B2E.jpeg
    D1689EE7-7A38-417B-B158-BB17860E6B2E.jpeg
    445.4 KB · Views: 245

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mine work as expected. The catch is that if I enable the auto high beams in town, they might never actually turn on (due to surrounding lights). It’s only when I reach a really dark area that they switch over to high beams.

DeanKing

Reaction score
You don’t have power folding mirrors cause you have the tow group with tow mirrors. Can’t explain why those two other features don’t work. You have them and you turned them on. Stupid question. Any chance the settings didn’t “stick” in uconnect?

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine work as expected. The catch is that if I enable the auto high beams in town, they might never actually turn on (due to surrounding lights). It’s only when I reach a really dark area that they switch over to high beams.

My rain sensing wipers work as designed, although I learned something from your post. Driving into Delta Sonic car wash the wipers would switch on when the person outside hit the windshield with water. When I got into the car wash itself they would not auto on. Didn't realize being out of gear (in neutral) made the difference. Thank you!

I had the Auto High Beam feature enabled for a while, but I found that there was so much light being reflected back from road signs that they usually switched to high beams, then almost immediately switched back to lows. So I disabled that feature.

Regards,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 003178 miles.

GM convert

Reaction score
What is the wiper switch position to allow rain sense to work? One click from off? Thanks

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What is the wiper switch position to allow rain sense to work? One click from off? Thanks

Yes. One click from off.

They will only come on when in drive and a wet windshield.

Regards,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 003230 miles.

Grinnin

Reaction score
Yes. One click from off.

They will only come on when in drive and a wet windshield.

Regards,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 003230 miles.

For the rain sensing wipers, my experience (2019 Ram, 2017 Pacifica) is that more clicks on the wipers increases the sensitivity. So “one click from off” may only be enough when the windshield is really wet.

I’ve had similar problems with the auto high beams around town. I have a Laramie, and the LED’s are so bright that reflection from road signs causes the high beams to switch off. Not too big a deal, the LED’s are excellent on their own.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For the rain sensing wipers, my experience (2019 Ram, 2017 Pacifica) is that more clicks on the wipers increases the sensitivity. So “one click from off” may only be enough when the windshield is really wet.

I’ve had similar problems with the auto high beams around town. I have a Laramie, and the LED’s are so bright that reflection from road signs causes the high beams to switch off. Not too big a deal, the LED’s are excellent on their own.

Just re-read the latest owner's manual while watching the Rams play yesterday. ;).
It states that the normal rain sensing position is the third intermittent position, giving you one more sensitive position (4th) and two less sensitive (1st & 2nd).

MKing78

Reaction score

I enabled both options
in the uconnect screen
auto wipers on..
auto high beams on..

the rain sensing

any ideas

and with the wipers?

thanks

bill

I’ve got a 2019 Laramie and the auto high beams do the same thing. They high beams won’t activate when my headlight control switch is on auto. The high beams only work on the on position. They worked for about 3 weeks then stopped dimming to traffic. Now they won’t turn on at all in auto mode. I’ve had tons of problems with mine.

warvet

Reaction score
Mine work as designed with Uconnect "on" lights in "auto" and stick "forward" ...........most times, I keep the stick back unless I'm traveling on some back roads

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve got a 2019 Laramie and the auto high beams do the same thing. They high beams won’t activate when my headlight control switch is on auto. The high beams only work on the on position. They worked for about 3 weeks then stopped dimming to traffic. Now they won’t turn on at all in auto mode. I’ve had tons of problems with mine.

I had the Auto High Beams enabled at first but I found them too sensitive to reflective light. They would dim from the speed signs and mailboxes on country roads without any oncoming vehicles. I don't remember the problems you've noted, however.

I do have the Rain Sensing Wipers enabled and they work fine. I curiously found that they wouldn't come on in a car wash, but then someone in here advised they won't engage when the vehicle is in neutral, and that appears to be the case.

Regards,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 006986 miles.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the Auto High Beams enabled at first but I found them too sensitive to reflective light. They would dim from the speed signs and mailboxes on country roads without any oncoming vehicles. I don't remember the problems you've noted, however.

I do have the Rain Sensing Wipers enabled and they work fine. I curiously found that they wouldn't come on in a car wash, but then someone in here advised they won't engage when the vehicle is in neutral, and that appears to be the case.

Regards,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 006986 miles.
My rain sensing wipers and automatic high beams work fine on my 2019 Limited. Two things that actually work on my truck.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My rain sensing wipers and automatic high beams work fine on my 2019 Limited. Two things that actually work on my truck.
After several months use in all weather, these are The Best wipers and auto headlamps of any car I’ve owned, including our new Audi. If only the cruise control was a good as the Audi.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After several months use in all weather, these are The Best wipers and auto headlamps of any car I’ve owned, including our new Audi. If only the cruise control was a good as the Audi.
I agree that the wipers and headlamps are great. I also think the cruise control is fine. No issues.

19 streak

Reaction score
My auto headlights are fairly sensitive for sure but seem to be alright out in the country where I live. My wipers are another story. Ever since I bought the truck back in September the auto wipers would adjust to the wetness on the windshield but would never shut off unless you manually selected off. This past two weeks I've lost every other speed setting on my wiper control. I only have 2nd and 4th speed that works at all. And those two speeds definitely aren't rain sensing because they both go about 80 mph no matter how wet the windshield is

Dgulia

Reaction score
Auto high beams are sensitive and they only come on when there is no car in front of you, no car coming towards you, no street lights on.
Auto wipers they work better in day time then night and yes at lowest setting they will never shut off and once in a while they swipe.

19 streak

Reaction score
So what you are saying is that the settings above the lowest will shut off on their own and only come on when the windshield is wet?

Users who are viewing this thread