5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto-Tilting Outside Mirrors

steinetm

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I have a 2024 Ram 1500 Rebel with the 12" screen. For some reason when I put my truck into reverse, my mirrors no longer tilt downward to aid with parking. I have called 2 dealers, none of which can help me find where this is turned on and off. I remember turning it on when I got the truck, but now it is like the on/off switch for it has disappeared. Does anyone know how to reactivate this on the 12" center console? I say that because doing it on the smaller screen is 100% different.
Thanks!

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I have a 2024 Ram 1500 Rebel with the 12" screen. For some reason when I put my truck into reverse, my mirrors no longer tilt downward to aid with parking. I have called 2 dealers, none of which can help me find where this is turned on and off. I remember turning it on when I got the truck, but now it is like the on/off switch for it has disappeared. Does anyone know how to reactivate this on the 12" center console? I say that because doing it on the smaller screen is 100% different.
Thanks!
There is a setting in Uconnect for it under mirrors I believe. I know it shows it in the manual too.

Reaction score
I would gladly trade this option for auto folding mirrors on shutoff. I don’t trust those little motors to stand up to the duty cycles required every time I back up.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I would gladly trade this option for auto folding mirrors on shutoff. I don’t trust those little motors to stand up to the duty cycles required every time I back up.
You know you can enable auto-folding with the Tazer, right?

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
i hate that downward tilting when reversing, would gladly give it up for auto folding at shut off as well.
that should be a standard feature in the newer truck's user selectable. and no need for a tazer or trying to con the dealer into going in and turning it on.
my wife loves that reversing feature and we squabble every time I drive her Buick.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is the auto tilt user programmable? My 2006 Silverado got fitted with 2006 Tahoe mirrors. The Tahoe mirrors would tilt down when backing, but when tilted, you could adjust the angle and it would hold that setting for every time you back up. You could also set it for driver only, passenger only, or both.

I used to have my passenger only mirror tilt down enough that I could see the parking lot line on that side. My Rebel doesn't have that feature so I have to stretch towards the passenger side when backing up to see the line. 1st world problem, I know.

vincentw56

Reaction score
Is the auto tilt user programmable? My 2006 Silverado got fitted with 2006 Tahoe mirrors. The Tahoe mirrors would tilt down when backing, but when tilted, you could adjust the angle and it would hold that setting for every time you back up. You could also set it for driver only, passenger only, or both.

I used to have my passenger only mirror tilt down enough that I could see the parking lot line on that side. My Rebel doesn't have that feature so I have to stretch towards the passenger side when backing up to see the line. 1st world problem, I know.
Nope, not programmable. That's why I never used it. Tilts too far down. But, I've installed the 360 cameras, so not needed anyway.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
They actually are adjustable, individually:

vincentw56

Reaction score
They actually are adjustable, individually:
I don't think they are on the 1500s. I've never gotten them to stay and others on here have had the same issue.

Never mind, I see in AlfaOBD you can. I'll give it a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/