5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto Tilt Side View Mirrors

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the '21 Rebel 12 with Level 2 package. I was disappointed to learn that I don't have auto tilt side view mirrors. I back in to most parking spaces and seeing the parking lines is difficult when the mirrors don't tilt. Is it possible to add the mirrors after the fact without spending excessive amounts on mirrors, control modules and programming?

pMak26

Reaction score
FWIW I have that feature and turned it off as every single time you go into drive, it clicks past reverse and the mirrors start to move down. That wouldn't be a problem if they came back right away, but it was super glitchy. 50% of the time the mirrors would get confused and not return to their driving position. I got fed up with it and just turned the feature off.

Reverse

Reaction score
I have the feature and turned it off. The mirrors would be in the wrong position for me to use when reversing. The camera's are a much better help.

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
Use the spotter mirrors for the lines of you have them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KCViper

Reaction score
Have to agree with the others. What I found is that when in reverse the mirrors angle so far down it it very hard to use them!!

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have the '21 Rebel 12 with Level 2 package. I was disappointed to learn that I don't have auto tilt side view mirrors. I back in to most parking spaces and seeing the parking lines is difficult when the mirrors don't tilt. Is it possible to add the mirrors after the fact without spending excessive amounts on mirrors, control modules and programming?
To answer your actual question, all you need is mirrors that are memory capable, and either AlfaOBD or Jscan to enable the feature. The mirrors would be a direct replacement swap with no other wiring or modules needed.

Ramjeep

Reaction score
I love this feature helps me park right in between the lines and not to curb a wheel.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds like they don't work right on the Ram.

My old 2006 Silverado had them and I could adjust how far they tilted, if they tilted and what mirrors tilted. My 2016 BMW also had the feature, but you couldn't adjust the amount of tilt and they dropped to view just under the door handle. My Silverado was perfect where I was able to adjust the amount of tilt and it saved that setting and always tilted to allow me to see the rear tire in relation to the parking line. I had the passenger side tilt, while I kept the driver side normal so I could still back up. Learning to drive an old box truck in my teens helped me learn to use mirrors. I don't like the camera idea as a primary source of view.

Can the amount of tilt be adjusted on the Ram mirrors? Can you select which mirror, or both, tilt? If not, then I probably won't be interested in "upgrading".

Hrspwr88

Reaction score
My previous Silverado had the tilt and it was really good. I find the ones on my ram go too far down. Its great for finding a curb but hard to backup with if. I actually shut it off also and I programmed the 2nd memory seat to have the mirrors tilt to where I want them. Just need to hit the button when you need them.

broken_vet

Reaction score
The tilt position on my 2014 is almost perfect, but I agree with the others that the 5th gens tilt too low, and can't really see far enough behind the rear wheels to line up on much of anything until the wheels are already on it. I can only choose to enable or disable, with no way to adjust amount of tilt, or select which mirrors tilt. I would love for someone to tell me I've missed something. If you can, maybe swing by a dealership and check out a truck that has it.

broken_vet

Reaction score
My previous Silverado had the tilt and it was really good. I find the ones on my ram go too far down. Its great for finding a curb but hard to backup with if. I actually shut it off also and I programmed the 2nd memory seat to have the mirrors tilt to where I want them. Just need to hit the button when you need them.
That's a great idea. Thank you for posting it.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'll try that. On the silverado, you need to adjust the angle of tilt while the mirror is in the tilted position. The BMW wouldn't allow such a simple adjustment and I'd like to know if the Ram does. I was reading the manual last night and it didn't go into details on adjusting the level of tilt. It just said you can turn it on or off in Uconnect.

Users who are viewing this thread