5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto temp

Rayzram

Reaction score
This has to be the worse auto temp of any vehicle i have owned. 15 deg air temp, 29 deg engine coolant, high blower...anyone elses do this? Im used to the vehicle building some engine temp before it blast full song freezing you out.

bonebro

Reaction score
This has to be the worse auto temp of any vehicle i have owned. 15 deg air temp, 29 deg engine coolant, high blower...anyone elses do this? Im used to the vehicle building some engine temp before it blast full song freezing you out.

Mine does this! Just in time for winter. I’m hoping there will be a software update by the time I’m ready to return to the dealer for the first oil change.

syddog 2000

Reaction score
I have to admit the Auto feature in my 2015 was much more accurate this one tends to take a lot of time to figure out what temperture I set it at and has difficulty keeping it there. I too am waiting for a software update to correct this issue.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just drove a 2018 Durango GT loaner that was always blower HI no matter what auto temp was set at... nice to be back in my Rebel that doesn't do the same thing. Must be a random problem.

Autoplay

Reaction score
The average fan speed for mine,when running auto mode is 2.

It has started out occasionally at full blast,in AC mode,then fans slow down as temp is achieved etc.

First time I’ve used the heater was tonight,and was pleasantly surprised how well it works! In auto mode,cold start,fan speed was no higher than 2 at startup. Was high 40’s outside temp.....inside set to 72,and felt good inside,within 5-10 min.

Heated seats are nice too! :)

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
We've discussed this on other threads, and—as @bonebro suggested—we're hoping this gets a software update. The system is very slow to respond to ambient conditions upon startup. After it settles in, it seems to work fine.

1stTimeRAM

Reaction score
My 2010 Silverado was the first vehicle I had with the auto temp feature, and it worked great. My wife's 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee is terrible, and my new Ram is equally as bad. I was hopeful that FCA would have made an improvement in this area in 4 years, but it doesn't look that way.

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It’s 65° outside. I put it on auto and 73°. The blower blows cold. Wtf?

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven't seen this issue. I was happy to see how quickly the truck comes up to temperature. The heated steering wheel works almost too well.

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven't seen this issue. I was happy to see how quickly the truck comes up to temperature. The heated steering wheel works almost too well.
The steering wheel works well. I just don’t like that it won’t turn on unless it’s less than 40° outside. That’s what someone here said and what I’ve noticed. 50°-60° is still cold.

Last edited:

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Lol I’m right there with you. i Forget the wheel is on until about 5 minutes down the road I go to make a turn and burn my damn hand lol

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The steering wheel works well. I just don’t like that it won’t turn on unless it’s less than 40° outside. That what someone here said and what I’ve noticed. 50°-60° is still cold.
On remote start, thats correct I beleive (it was the same in my 2014 Durango), however you can manually turn it on at any temp

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On remote start, thats correct I beleive (it was the same in my 2014 Durango), however you can manually turn it on at any temp
They should allow us to customize this setting at a desired temperature. Since it’s this way for the the heat, does anyone know what temperature it has to be for the ventilated seats to turn on on remote start?

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just to confirm the 40F, and I don't know of any manufacturer that allows you to customize this (I may be wrong though)

1543500857912.png

In regards to the ventilated seats , the drivers seat will turn on above 80F on remote start.

1543501277866.png

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The latest Uconnect over the air update for the 12.1 screen fixed the "blast air when cold" thing for me. I always leave the HVAC in Auto mode, on either 70 or 72 degrees, and I always sync the drivers and passengers temp. After the update from last week, the HVAC system will come on full blast when I remote start the truck, but will lower the fan when I get in and take over the ignition. Or If I get in the truck cold (without remote start) the fan will wait until the engine has some heat. Though I haven't compared blower speed to engine coolant temp (yet).

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think my truck already had that update when I picked it up less than 2 weeks ago. That would explain why I haven't experienced the high fan with no heat scenario.

Rayzram

Reaction score
Mine really is useless in auto temp, plus it takes my truck 25 min of driving to finally get to 200 deg. I run HI temp for 30 straight minutes on auto and never was more then close to warm. I thought the A/C was bad in this truck until i got cold. A/C is fantastic by comparison to heater. :rolleyes:

Autoplay

Reaction score
That’s a long time to warm up. Makes me wonder if your injun was broken in properly?
Mine really is useless in auto temp, plus it takes my truck 25 min of driving to finally get to 200 deg. I run HI temp for 30 straight minutes on auto and never was more then close to warm. I thought the A/C was bad in this truck until i got cold. A/C is fantastic by comparison to heater. :rolleyes:

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Ya, You've got something wrong. I leave mine in auto right now around 71-72 degrees and its currently in the 30's outside. Mine cabins comfortable within 5 minutes usually, no more than 10.

I wonder if a blend door or something isn't working correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread