5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto temp

Rayzram

Reaction score
Ya, You've got something wrong. I leave mine in auto right now around 71-72 degrees and its currently in the 30's outside. Mine cabins comfortable within 5 minutes usually, no more than 10.

I wonder if a blend door or something isn't working correctly.
So long as i run manual mode its a lot better but auto it runs hi fan non stop wide open with 25 to 40 deg airtemps right now for the entirety of my 30 min drive home

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Old school. ;-)

A bad $1.50 part can screw up a lot of stuff. The technology that goes into those things isn't exactly "cutting edge". :LOL:

Rayzram

Reaction score
...or is your thermostat stuck open? :unsure:
Upper radiator hose stays cold at start up for at least 10 min that i have monitered so im not bypassing thermostat at idle anyway, but it sure seems like it. 1 more thing to add to the evergrowing list.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If the thermostat is closed and it's not passing coolant, then you shouldn't have a heating problem. If the flow rate is high enough, it will take a long time to heat up...which also means the engine will run too rich. Do you have a lot of carbon on the exhaust tips?

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We just had a cold front make it into Florida last week and I never touched the auto climate control. It pushed out heat pretty quickly and the heated seats and steering wheel operate as designed. No issues here.

Users who are viewing this thread