5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto Stop/Start. Installed?

ctbale

Reaction score
Looks like I'm on the verge of being a proud new owner of 20215.7 4x4 1500 quad cab, no eTorque. Pretty excited. Could anybody tell me if this vehicle has Auto stop/start installed on it? It has no disable button under the gear selector. The dealer had no idea and even a service center had no idea. My worst fear is that it's not able to be disabled.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Looks like I'm on the verge of being a proud new owner of 20215.7 4x4 1500 quad cab, no eTorque. Pretty excited. Could anybody tell me if this vehicle has Auto stop/start installed on it? It has no disable button under the gear selector. The dealer had no idea and even a service center had no idea. My worst fear is that it's not able to be disabled.
I could be wrong but I believe the auto start/stop is only available on the etorque.

Ros

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My 2021 5.7 no etorque does not have auto start/stop.. :)

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wish I could say that's surprising... :cautious:

RebeliousRam

Reaction score
Drawback to purchasing my truck with the eTorque is that useless function. It’s more of a pain especially on the hotter days where it shuts off your AC compressor….what’s even worse is forgetting to hit that disable switch before driving off.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I saw a gadget advertised that would disable the stop start function. It was $99. I went to the web site and there was one listed for the Ram. www.autostopeliminator.com
I installed one of these on my truck and it works flawlessly. I never have to press that button anymore. I've said it before and I'll say it again...best $99 I've spent on this truck.

JRI2000

Reaction score
I routinely hit the disable button. It's right there, opposite my knee cap. Too easy. Part of the gear selection process. Only once or twice tried to see what it's like. Uselessness, confirmed.
Furthermore, I'm not convinced that the e-torque has really any benefit. Of course we have no way to do a meaningful comparison of with or without it's operation. I've read carefully what the manufacturer states many times, and it seems like a lot of smoke and mirrors. Seems to me it's main purpose is to start the engine in autostart.
Unfortunately, we have a 50lb block of aluminum attached to the block that will fail eventually.

ctbale

Reaction score
the service center tech must have been sleeping when that chapter was discussed.
i'm just guessing but something is off when the tech knows nothing.
That's what got me worried. I actually called two different dealers and both service depts gave me a deer in the headslites response. I inquired to RAM tech and today got an email telling me same thing you guys did yesterday. Gotta love these forums! I was gunna buy that module to disable it. And a piece of elect tape to block the lite. Thanks everyone. Oh, I need a remote start, I live in Alaska. I am a Avionics Aircraft Tech, but most of the ones I have found look pretty plug and play. Is there a section on this forum I can research? I did a search but it wasn't coming up. I know it's here somewhere

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
As others have said, you’re in the clear.

Keep in mind that the trucks with eTorque start/stop system are supposed to be super smooth due to the electric motor, so they are not annoying like regular vehicles with a traditional starter.

While I’ve never been one of these to confirm, everyone that has one sings its praises. My new SUV has a similar 48V system, and it has made a believer out of me.

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread