5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

auto start turns on when entering truck

jthorn75

Reaction score
going up to the truck while the door is locked, entering the truck using passive entry, when you sit down the truck automatically is turning on, when i put my foot on the brake it turns off, then allows me to turn the truck on normally,
im not sure if this is a problem or setting... any help is appreciated.

Mitragliatrice

Reaction score
Shouldn't happen, but would be an interesting setting. I could see reasons why that would be nice, minutes breaking turning off.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
going up to the truck while the door is locked, entering the truck using passive entry, when you sit down the truck automatically is turning on, when i put my foot on the brake it turns off, then allows me to turn the truck on normally,
im not sure if this is a problem or setting... any help is appreciated.
Whoa. Not normal at all.
Agree with others. Time to schedule a dealer visit.

jthorn75

Reaction score
After looking at it more it seems the remote start engages once the passive entry is hit, once in the drivers seat i can press the start button and be ready to go, but not sure what is engaging the remote start

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The only thing that should engage remote start is by pressing the button twice on the key fob.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
After looking at it more it seems the remote start engages once the passive entry is hit, once in the drivers seat i can press the start button and be ready to go, but not sure what is engaging the remote start

Hi @jthorn75 - We certainly understand why this would be concerning. If you are not able to determine a solution based on suggestions from fellow forum members and you decide to address this with your Ram dealer, please be sure to follow up with us via private message. We would be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of support for the dealer process.

Mark
RamCares

jthorn75

Reaction score
so i found out that my wife dropped her key between the console and the chair, when i got in and change the level of the seat it pressed the auto start button and left it engaged so when i got the key out of that spot it stopped... the fob is mangled a bit but still works. lol

Users who are viewing this thread