5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto Start/Stop error

jwnelson3

Reaction score
2024 Ram 1500 Limited 4x4 hemi with Etorque. 600 miles. Start/.Stop message says ready but it does not work at all. Been at the dealer for five days, even with consulting with Ram engineers. they cannot fix it. Anybody know possible fixes, I was told they replace the battery logic computer and its still broke,

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2024 Ram 1500 Limited 4x4 hemi with Etorque. 600 miles. Start/.Stop message says ready but it does not work at all. Been at the dealer for five days, even with consulting with Ram engineers. they cannot fix it. Anybody know possible fixes, I was told they replace the battery logic computer and its still broke,

You've got a brand new 2024, at a dealer for 5 days now and the only issue is the start stop isn't working?

I'd pick it back up and drive it! Plenty of folks disable it...I wouldn't let that be the reason it sits at a dealer...

Oldphart

Reaction score
Have a 21 Lonestar w/51k miles. I have not yet had the S/S issue but I think I may be heading towards it: When stopped, the restart sometimes gets a bit jerky, also it shudders a bit during shutdown. No warning lights. It only does this in the afternoon when I am leaving work after it sits for 9 hours. After 5 minutes, it functions normally. I get around this by disabling the S/S. It's OK in the morning regardless of temperature. It acts as though the belt may be slipping but I just want to be sure this is not a precursor to the failures described above as this started about 2 months ago. Otherwise, I have no issues with mine (knock on wood).

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
You've got a brand new 2024, at a dealer for 5 days now and the only issue is the start stop isn't working?

I'd pick it back up and drive it! Plenty of folks disable it...I wouldn't let that be the reason it sits at a dealer...
Not working on a new truck is a bad sign. Start\stop is tied into eTorque, which is tied into the generator ie alternator.
If that stops working properly you no longer can drive the truck...
I agree with turning it off, but red flags imo.

chrisminter

Reaction score
Keeps happening to my 2022. Every so often if i'm stopping hard and let off as in a turning situation, the autostart not ready light comes on and will not go out until I shut down the truck. Then I'm stuck with a check engine light until it self resets after so many miles driven. Any answers?

gskowronek

Reaction score
New 2024 Limited, 2500 miles, a s/s never kicked in yet. always says "a s/s not ready" on a dash. no errors, no codes, just not ready.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
pretty disappointed in seeing this thread.
Not sure what you were expecting when you joined the forum, but as with any car/truck forum it's full of threads about issues/problems people are having with their trucks. It's good to have knowledge about common things people are having issues with. Gives you a kind of list of things to look out for when doing routine maintenance. But don't let it affect your enjoyment of a vehicle you spent so much to own. I'm not including you in this category but people who obsess about things that might go wrong probably shouldn't spend a lot of time on car and truck forums for vehicles they own.

cerbo

Reaction score
Not sure what you were expecting when you joined the forum, but as with any car/truck forum it's full of threads about issues/problems people are having with their trucks. It's good to have knowledge about common things people are having issues with. Gives you a kind of list of things to look out for when doing routine maintenance. But don't let it affect your enjoyment of a vehicle you spent so much to own. I'm not including you in this category but people who obsess about things that might go wrong probably shouldn't spend a lot of time on car and truck forums for vehicles they own.
totally agree.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Exactly. And on that note mine works too good, I just have to keep turning it off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread