5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto Start in Tow Mode

HemiCane

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the auto start is disabled when you select tow mode. Also if its disabled does that also include the extra torque you get from the etorq system. ?

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I would assume it is not disabled, since that extra torque is really only to allow the truck to begin moving before the engine starts and they tout it helps with towing.

Will be interested to see what the community says.

HemiCane

Reaction score
I would assume it is not disabled, since that extra torque is really only to allow the truck to begin moving before the engine starts and they tout it helps with towing.

Thanks for the reply, I towed my boat for the first time today and noticed the Auto Stop did not engage the entire time.

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The auto stop/start is most likely disabled, but I'm sure the e-torque system is still helping from a standing start

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the auto start is disabled when you select tow mode. Also if its disabled does that also include the extra torque you get from the etorq system. ?
Auto stop/start is disabled, shift points are changed, and aero mode is disabled (for trucks with air suspension). And like @devildodge, I doubt eTorque is ever “disabled”, especially when towing. Note that the unicorn “max towing” configuration can only be had with eTorque.

W9MCP

Reaction score
I’ve actually seen the unicorn config on a few dealers lots as work trucks. A quick check shows a close one on one of he olde random car listings, as a tradesman with the eTorque with vin 1C6RRECT5KN905279 showing via the ram trucks towing lookup page w/ 1896 payload and 11996 towing. They put on the chrome and L1 packages and I don’t see a brake controller oddly, but it’s got the right engine, axle, etc. I’ve seen at least a couple that were the perfect setup ‘Max’ with brake controller, 3.92, 18” wheels, eTorque, class IV hitch, and almost nothing else.

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
When I select my tow/haul I’ve noticed the following.
eco mode disabled...
auto start/stop disabled....
aero mode disabled...
Up shift points changed...
downshift Points changed...

additionally, after turning off the truck and restarting it I have to select tow/haul again as the system resets every time I shut down the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread