5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto Release Tailgate

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Why would someone want a power hatch door on their SUV? Because it's awesome to have your significant other "pop the hatch" when you're carrying a heavy load of gear out to the vehicle, or when you need to jump out and grab your bags quickly at the airport. I'll enjoy the remote tailgate release for exactly the same reasons. Is it a must-have? NO. Will it potentially be useful? Sure!

I concur. The F150 has had for a few years and when it first came out, the only issues being reported where guys accidentally clicking the button on the keyfob, causing it to drop open while in their garage. And of course, not noticing it until you hear it being scraped as your garage door opens. I don't forsee this being an issue for me as I park outside and have been parking far enough from the garage to ensure it tailgate can drop with no issues.

My boat trailer has about an inch of clearance from it's highest point to the open tailgate so I'm good there as well.

Users who are viewing this thread