5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto lowering of vehicle when shut off ?

Ranchram

Reaction score
None of you show what options you have for your vehicles in your signature lines.
That same page ALSO states, ".. IF EQUIPPED" .. my Rig has Level 2 Entertainment group and works as advertised .. anyone with Level 1 show the Auto Entry/Exit screens, please?

View attachment 39990
Perhaps part of the disconnect is that Limiteds do not have Level 2. At least for the 2019MY, level 1 is the highest option level. Certainly Larimies and lower have both Level 1 and 2 as option packages.

As others have stated, it makes little sense that a Larimie with a Level 2 would have a feature that that Limiteds (and Longhorns) do not. Initially I was thinking that this feature was not available on Limiteds due to having automatic running boards as standard. My thought being that auto entry/ exit would be redundant with the power running boards. However, Diamondback has power running boards as an option and auto entry/exit lowering.

Bottom line, with Limiteds, auto entry/exit does not appear to have been an option (at least with MY 2019). Thus folks do not need to feel that they have been short changed due to not having this option. Lower trim levels do have this option for reasons that may or may not make sense.

yellowboy

Reaction score
Unfortunately we need to come here to find all this information and to get answers, the people at Ram support are totally worthless . They say " let me check, can I put you on hold, let me get back to you........................" etc, etc.

DraKhen99

Reaction score
Dang, I wish my Limited had this feature. Most days I end up lowering the truck with the toggle while parking. My knees are so bad these days that the entry/exit height level combined with power boards is the perfect height for me to hobble up into my truck.

If given the chance, I would much rather hop on my Harley and go to work and back. It's more comfortable, I can lean on my good knee at stoplights, and m/c parking is closer than most of the handicap spots - all of which are taken by the time I get to work. (I typically move my truck up later in the day or at lunch if I go out).

Is there a way to add it to the Limiteds using AlfaOBD?

-John

RSConsulting

Reaction score
Owners Manual (downloaded)

Page 564
Owners Manual 654_Page_1.jpg

Page 565
Owners Manual 654_Page_2.jpg

I assume the auto entry/exit is one setting that needs to be enabled on 564 - and the auto entry/exit suspension on 565 is the second setting.

I haven't run out to the truck to check and see if the SETTINGS ARE ACTUALLY THERE yet.

Rick

Ranchram

Reaction score
I just checked on mine and I do not have the auto entry/exit in the engine off menu. So at least for my build this not a feature that can be enabled from this menu.

Rick J

Reaction score
Owners Manual (downloaded)

Page 564
View attachment 40471

Page 565
View attachment 40472

I assume the auto entry/exit is one setting that needs to be enabled on 564 - and the auto entry/exit suspension on 565 is the second setting.

I haven't run out to the truck to check and see if the SETTINGS ARE ACTUALLY THERE yet.

Rick
So, here are my pages 564 and 565. My slow mind finally figured out what the difference is. My owners manual is the 6th edition. Yours is the 7th edition.

Attachments

• 564.pdf
    213.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 565.pdf
    210.7 KB · Views: 2

RSConsulting

Reaction score
So, here are my pages 564 and 565. My slow mind finally figured out what the difference is. My owners manual is the 6th edition. Yours is the 7th edition.

Doesn't matter - mine doesn't have the choice on the menu - and I doubt yours does either.

Which is kinda DUMB - considering we have an option st that would support this.

Rick

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Doesn't matter - mine doesn't have the choice on the menu - and I doubt yours does either.

Which is kinda DUMB - considering we have an option st that would support this.

Rick
It won’t make you feel any better, but Longhorns don’t have this either. The option must not be luxurious enough ;)

RSConsulting

Reaction score
It won’t make you feel any better, but Longhorns don’t have this either. The option must not be luxurious enough ;)

Well - not going to keep me up at night.

Just another option to add on the "wish list" for Tazer.

I'm curious if AlphaOBD would be able to enable this in the BCM. Be nice when they map the modules for the DT to cover all the new options for this gen...

Rick

WhitbyRam

Reaction score
I know it can be done. My wife's 2020 Grand Cherokee does it and also the mirrors fold automatically when the doors are locked. Both things I would like on my Ram.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I know it can be done. My wife's 2020 Grand Cherokee does it and also the mirrors fold automatically when the doors are locked. Both things I would like on my Ram.
Shoot...my ‘03 GMC had auto-folding mirrors!

Users who are viewing this thread