5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto lowering of vehicle when shut off ?

yellowboy

Reaction score
On page 540 of the 2019 Ram manual (online) it states under the MULTIMEDIA Suspension system section — "NOTE: When the “Auto Entry/Exit Suspension” feature is selected, the vehicle automatically lowers from ride height position when vehicle shifted to park for easy entry/exit " I cannot find this option on my screen. I called support yesterday and after 3 calls and 3 people and over 1 hour on the phone the last guy says " I don't think your vehicle has this feature - but check with your dealer". I figured if you have the air suspension you would have this ?? Does anyone ??

Last edited:

Oliver392

Reaction score
It's not just you. I found the same section in the manual, went out to the truck to find and then select that option and could not find it. "Check with your dealer." ??? In my experience, dealers (sales) don't have a clue how even a fraction of the trucks features work.

I don't understand why RAM did not make it so that the truck will automatically lower to the "easy/entry" position. Clearly they thought about it enough to have it printed in the manual. I wonder if it will become available with a U-Connect update in the future. Or could it be something so stupid that FCA actually thinks that the truck (with A/S) actually can go to "easy entry/exit" when shifted to park and that they don't know that someone didn't add that line of code. The old "oops, I forgot to do that" excuse...

yellowboy

Reaction score
Well Ram support was no better - a woman I talked was clueless she says "let me research - I'll call you back". The last guy says "we can't call out from here - it's a call in only center . There are NO callbacks " Folks just collecting a paycheck!

airgas1998

Reaction score
the OM is a joke.....it also states we have rear climate control features as well, and to select that button when you so desire to use it.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
None of you show what options you have for your vehicles in your signature lines.
That same page ALSO states, ".. IF EQUIPPED" .. my Rig has Level 2 Entertainment group and works as advertised .. anyone with Level 1 show the Auto Entry/Exit screens, please?

1573910230947.png

Caballonegro

Reaction score
I would want that setting, hopefully it's in a future update. It would be so amazing for our vehicles to update when on our home wifi but that's only Tesla from what I believe.

yellowboy

Reaction score
My Limited window sticker does not say any level - just customer preferred package 25M. I'll shoot photo of screen later.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Look under Optional Equipment. If you got anything other than Stock, it would say "Level 1 Equipment Group" or "Level 2 Equipment Group". You can also pull up your build sheet if you have that (but more long-listed to read through)

1573939662903.png

yellowboy

Reaction score
Look under Optional Equipment. If you got anything other than Stock, it would say "Level 1 Equipment Group" or "Level 2 Equipment Group". You can also pull up your build sheet if you have that (but more long-listed to read through)

View attachment 40019
Nope, no mention of the word level anything , guess I got the basic Limited !!!

Rick J

Reaction score

View attachment 40019
I ordered my Limited with every option except trailer tow, off road and 22 inch wheels. The only "Equipment Group" level available on a Limited is Level 1. I have that on mine and no auto entry/exit option for the suspension. Don't understand what they were thinking. However, I'm not sure I would use it if I had it because as soon as you open a door the lowering stops so you'd have to sit in the truck for a minute until it reached entry/exit height anyway.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I ordered my Limited with every option except trailer tow, off road and 22 inch wheels. The only "Equipment Group" level available on a Limited is Level 1. I have that on mine and no auto entry/exit option for the suspension. Don't understand what they were thinking. However, I'm not sure I would use it if I had it because as soon as you open a door the lowering stops so you'd have to sit in the truck for a minute until it reached entry/exit height anyway.
For this reason, I've gotten used to lowering the truck while shopping for a parking space (when carrying passengers that need the truck down low). Ironically, I usually put the truck in Off Road mode afterward to reduce the likelihood of noticeable door dings. And I'll lower the truck from the fob while remote-starting it when needed.

yellowboy

Reaction score
1574351626434.png
Here is the response I got from FCA , I only have about 300 pages in my owners manual and no setting that allows me to do this !!

Rick J

Reaction score
View attachment 40376
Here is the response I got from FCA , I only have about 300 pages in my owners manual and no setting that allows me to do this !!
You have the "user guide" (not sure of the proper terminology), not the owners manual. I tried to upload the owners manual here but the file is too large. You can get it from the RAM owners website in soft copy and contact RAM customer care if you want them to send you a hard copy.

tdager

Reaction score
I have the full owners manual and while there are suspension settings mentioned on page 565, there is NO mention of auto-lowering when putting it in park. I would love to have this option!

Rick J

Reaction score
I have the full owners manual and while there are suspension settings mentioned on page 565, there is NO mention of auto-lowering when putting it in park. I would love to have this option!
You're right. 565 refers to auto entry/exit as it applies to the drivers seat. Page 540 talks about the suspension. Why that option isn't available in the Limited with the level 1 equipment and air suspension (which is standard) still boggles my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread