5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto Fold Mirrors in settings, but can’t turn on?

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I enabled the auto fold mirrors with Alfa, the setting is now in my menu but it doesn’t allow me to select “on”. Anyone know if there’s another setting to make this work? I do have the power fold mirrors obviously lol.

Attachments

• 0B4397C8-0B06-43F9-BB7B-6425002C4781.jpeg
    0B4397C8-0B06-43F9-BB7B-6425002C4781.jpeg
    97.4 KB · Views: 50

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There is another setting, Doors: Auto Power Folding Mirrors Present. But it doesn’t matter because your truck is not capable of the auto folding feature anyway.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There is another setting, Doors: Auto Power Folding Mirrors Present. But it doesn’t matter because your truck is not capable of the auto folding feature anyway.
Would it work with a Tazer?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Would it work with a Tazer?
With a tazer, as a live feature, yes because it’s spoofing messages on the bus to make it happen (which is when the vehicle is turned on or off, unlike the factory auto fold feature, which is when the doors are locked or unlocked with the fob).
As far as the factory feature with the correct BCM settings, a pre-2023 ram isn’t capable of the auto fold feature.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I activated it with my Tazer and thought it was cool. Right until winter weather hit. If it gets iced up when you park you can't use remote start until you clean them or they pop out of gear.

I just found it to be a hassle and turned it back off. I suppose if you street park it would be a good feature though.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
I would have sworn my 2019 came with it but you are correct, it was the power tilt when reversing that I was thinking of. I found it useless and disabled it right off.
I wouldn't use Auto Fold but when you look at all the other features that the user can turn on/off in the radio, it seems like a no brainer to have as an option. Everything is already in place to make it happen, minus a line or two of code.

Last edited:

23RAM

Reaction score
I activated it with my Tazer and thought it was cool. Right until winter weather hit. If it gets iced up when you park you can't use remote start until you clean them or they pop out of gear.

I agree and disable or don't use these features because of our cold weather winters - the fold and/or tilt can be damaged by ice and snow.
Regarding the tilt feature, if your exterior mirrors are set properly you don't need them to tilt when backing up - I can see the ground and surroundings when parking or backup the trailer.

Legal Brief

Reaction score
I love the power fold via Tazer DT. Well worth the $400 for this feature alone.
I live above 6k ft, winter is no problem with the auto fold. Everything else works as it did before BUT you need to pay attention doing the configuration. On means off in a couple of choices.

Tazer DT now has a switch to allow dealer to pass through device to do updates. Although depending what your service complaint is I unmarried and take out. I think it depends on the tech, some don’t care.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I agree and disable or don't use these features because of our cold weather winters - the fold and/or tilt can be damaged by ice and snow.
Regarding the tilt feature, if your exterior mirrors are set properly you don't need them to tilt when backing up - I can see the ground and surroundings when parking or backup the trailer.
Yea, I can't take the tilting mirror thing either. I can see just fine when backing up and use my mirrors exclusively.

I do have to say though, the camera is nice for lining perfectly with the trailer hitch! Or when backing up to a barrier.

Users who are viewing this thread