5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto braking

Rockyroad217

Reaction score
I bought my truck 3 days ago and while backing out of my parking spot a few minutes ago, the dash started flashing BRAKE! and slammed on the brakes. There werent any cars around me or anything. It scared everyone in the truck lol i thought id had a wreck. Has anyone else had this happen? I guess i could always disable it.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Covered in many threads on here. Short story if you’re on a steep slope it might happen if you’re moving to quickly. If that’s not the case, your rear brake assist module needs to be replaced.

Tundralag

Reaction score
Happens to me sometimes. Jeep Grand Cherokee did it every time I backed into the garage. Scared the crap out of me the first few times. New ram hasn’t done it yet. But it doesn’t fit in my garage

Rockyroad217

Reaction score
Covered in many threads on here. Short story if you’re on a steep slope it might happen if you’re moving to quickly. If that’s not the case, your rear brake assist module needs to be replaced.
I see. I did have the front tires off a slight drop off and was backing back onto the pavement when it happened. Hopefully thats all it was. Thanks yall

dsn112

Reaction score
I shut it off after it happened to me the first time. Not worth it to leave it on if it’s gonna slam the brakes each time I back out my driveway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patsy1099

Reaction score
When the rear brake assist isn’t working and it applies suddenly, there’s nothing worse. I totally agree. I had to shut it off. But it was worth it to me to get it fixed. It really has come in handy a couple of times (I hate to admit). One time I was backing up in the pouring rain in an unfamiliar area after dropping someone off. Making a k turn and went in hot totally focused on the rain and not on the park vehicle behind me. Brake assist saved me that night.

Rockyroad217

Reaction score
When the rear brake assist isn’t working and it applies suddenly, there’s nothing worse. I totally agree. I had to shut it off. But it was worth it to me to get it fixed. It really has come in handy a couple of times (I hate to admit). One time I was backing up in the pouring rain in an unfamiliar area after dropping someone off. Making a k turn and went in hot totally focused on the rain and not on the park vehicle behind me. Brake assist saved me that night.
I can agree with that. Im hoping it was a fluke so we will see. From the experience i had with my 2016 ram, that seems minor to me considering i didnt know it even had that feature before today

Patsy1099

Reaction score
I can agree with that. Im hoping it was a fluke so we will see. From the experience i had with my 2016 ram, that seems minor to me considering i didnt know it even had that feature before today

It seems to be a problem for many. Mine didn’t work properly until I had the rear brake assist module replaced. Now it’s perfect. It only did it once on a steep driveway when I was coming in on an angle. So for those who have constant problems, I’d say get it fixed. It’s a handy feature to have. Even if you need it once. Even if never need it!

Attachments

• ED4719B8-CFBD-4AD7-BA48-1C7DD5F439CD.jpeg
    ED4719B8-CFBD-4AD7-BA48-1C7DD5F439CD.jpeg
    32 KB · Views: 17

Users who are viewing this thread