5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Audi Forum

A4Owner

Reaction score
I was just on an Audi forum dealing with yet another squeak on my A4. I really love Audis, they ARE great cars. But man do I want a Ram. Trucks just seem so big, so spacious, so "move over or I'll run you over". ARGH...

A4Owner

Reaction score
Yeah right...do you think the Germans are idiots. Once they hook their silly Audi way of everything into you, every other vehicle just "seems" off. But f**k I would love a nice 1500 LTD in Black or a Power Wagon so that I could just drive over, literally, all those pesky Audis...argh...

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yep, the first time you see the look on the Birkenstock sandal wearing, hoop earing, neckbeards face when he slinks out of Starbucks and sees you parked on his hood, there is just no looking back.

Avoid saying "Argh" though, you don't want people to confuse you with Jonnie Depp.

disarm

Reaction score
I just sold my 2018 Q7 Prestige and switched to a Granite 2024 Night Edition Limited...don't regret my decision at all. I loved my Audi, but the Ram drives and rides so nice that I really don't miss the Q7. The only thing I miss from the Q7 is the much better 'lane keeping assist' system. My Limited has the Level 1 Equipment Group, but it's just not the same. Where the Q7 practically drives itself on the highway and gives a very noticeable shove back to the lane if you drift, the Ram is much more subtle and sometimes lets itself drift outside the lines without intervention. Little disappointing, but not a big deal.

So why the switch? My Q7 had 113,000 miles and had started burning oil around 90k. The problem was getting worse to the point that I was adding a quart every 1000 miles. I had a mechanic confirm that it was burning inside the cylinders, and the only fix would be an engine rebuild for $14k...in a car valued at $17-18k. I was also informed that this type of failure is a known problem for Audi engines when they get around 100k miles...happens pretty much universally at some point. With that in mind, I decided that it was time to move on from Audi because I can't afford to spend that kind of money knowing that the engine won't last me more than 5-6 years with the amount I drive.

Once I had decided to ditch my Audi, it was just a matter of deciding what would be next, and I wanted something with cargo capacity. There aren't any other three-row SUVs that really interested me, so I made the jump to a truck a month ago and haven't looked back! 20231007_141105.jpg 20231016_155610.jpg

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, you can have both. I have a '22 S4 Premium and a '21 Rebel. I personally prefer driving the Rebel due to the extra interior space and sitting above all the stupid drivers ahead of me. The Audi is fun to drive and pulls hard, but I had similar fun in a BMW, Mustang and Charger Scat Pack.

I've had no issues with the Rebel that weren't already known issues (leaky rear window, clunk when turning, clicking brake calipers) in the 3 years of ownership. However, I've had a couple in the Audi already with the most recent being, "Parking aid: malfunction! Obstacles cannot be detected", in just 1.5 years of ownership.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Well, you can have both. I have a '22 S4 Premium and a '21 Rebel. I personally prefer driving the Rebel due to the extra interior space and sitting above all the stupid drivers ahead of me. The Audi is fun to drive and pulls hard, but I had similar fun in a BMW, Mustang and Charger Scat Pack.

I've had no issues with the Rebel that weren't already known issues (leaky rear window, clunk when turning, clicking brake calipers) in the 3 years of ownership. However, I've had a couple in the Audi already with the most recent being, "Parking aid: malfunction! Obstacles cannot be detected", in just 1.5 years of ownership.
I second that. ;)

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yep, I concur with the multiple vehicle sentiment. I ha e the Ram, Towncar, SRT, Harley and chopper. I have a jeep too but it is dead. Oh yea, the wife has a car too.

Now I am shopping for a side by side.

Users who are viewing this thread