5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attention RAM engineers Software changes to make

Tjd

Reaction score
Here are some software changes that I would like to see made

Have a PAUSE Route option on the map screen so that when I take an off ramp to eat, the guidance will not tell me to repeatedly make a u-turn while heading to my favorite fast food place.

Allow the guidance voice to stay at volume I last selected, why is it set to default to 12 if lower? The radio volume does not change.

Allow performers on Comedy channels to be selected as Favorites same as on music channels

I'll add that with all the great cameras with the surround view system, there should be an option to enable recording. Would be a very good and first ever 4 channel OEM dashcam. It would be an option to charge another $500-600 at least. Likely only some minor software change to have this.

MrPooch

Reaction score
I would like the front sensor beeping fixed PLEASE. When backing up and getting close to something the software is smart enough to know that when I put it in drive - the beeping stops (because I am no longer going backwards. However the front sensors don't react the same. If I park near something in the front - why when I put the truck in reverse do the front sensors keep beeping? I could understand if it was the front/side sensor i guess, just bugs me every day when leaving work I have to either turn the sensors off, or listen to the beeping when backing out of a parking space.

One final note - I think the volume adjust on the sensor beeping is off. Even at its lowest setting it is quite loud, I have excellent hearing - would be nice if there was a "really really quiet" choice :)

filup01

Reaction score
Fix/adjust the automatic brake feature:

If my foot is covering the brake pedal and the brake lights are engaged, the automatic braking doesn’t need to slam on my brakes while I’m parking in my garage. I know I’m close to the wall, that’s why my foot is on the brake.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did anyone mention incoming phone call audio quality? My Alpine system sounds like it's using the smallest speaker in the system and it's default is 15. Not cool. Dealer says all of my inconsistencies in sound quality means I need a new head unit because FCA database says I'm up to date... but dealer agrees my software is probably the problem.

But the incoming call sound is garbage.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd like a "cargo cam" where I can easily the contents in the bed. Seems like it could be very handy for lots of things.

cjmst23

Reaction score
I'd be happy if everything currently listed in the manual was actually available.... Like SKIP CHANNELS in Sirius on 12.1

Users who are viewing this thread