5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AT tire with low road noise.

Bubba1120

Reaction score
I had the BFG KO2’s on my last truck, they looked great, but I got tired of the Rough ride even I had them aired down to 45. Also, they did not do well in the rain, especially when I towed my camper. I was seriously looking at Yokohama Geolandar G015's, wish I had gone with them
they were too wide.
I just traded today for a 24 Laramie, with the pirelli scorpion verde. So far they ride really nice, plus they are XL loaded for towing.

Leemanwentz

Reaction score
I had the BFG KO2’s on my last truck, they looked great, but I got tired of the Rough ride even I had them aired down to 45. Also, they did not do well in the rain, especially when I towed my camper. I was seriously looking at Yokohama Geolandar G015's, wish I had gone with them
they were too wide.
I just traded today for a 24 Laramie, with the pirelli scorpion verde. So far they ride really nice, plus they are XL loaded for towing.
You will love the Pirelli's for hauling *** and cornering but I burned through mine in 35k miles like butter.
It's the same tire Ram puts on the Hellcat etc. Nice racing tire but soft.

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
I have had Geolandar G015's for about 26k miles and am still in love with them. Still have probably 70% life in them, so I should easily get the 50k's they advertise.

CogitoErgoLevo

Reaction score
I had Nitto Recon Grappler 275/55/20 LT E rated for a couple years and they are pretty loud and were worthless on wet pavement. They also degraded ride quality. I had them inflated at 51 PSI as recommended by Nitto.
I just got highway tires now and cannot believe how quiet they are and ride quality is back to SUV level.

Last edited:

Ram4Lou

Reaction score
they were too wide.
I concur. Had the BFG KO2's on two of my vehicles. Noisy and rough. Not sure why, but for some reason they are especially noisy on smooth blacktop highways 🤷‍♂️. They look great, but definitely ruin the smooth comfortable ride! Never again.

jjfranco

Reaction score
Vote for Cooper AT3 LTs or XLTs here. Personally running the LTs
I had narrowed down between these and Falkens, but the Falkens are made in China and that is a big no no for me (supposedly they are made in Japan but the country code on the set I saw was China) So I am going with Coopers, the question is, what is the difference between LT and XLT??

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had narrowed down between these and Falkens, but the Falkens are made in China and that is a big no no for me (supposedly they are made in Japan but the country code on the set I saw was China) So I am going with Coopers, the question is, what is the difference between LT and XLT??
XLT has bigger shoulder lugs. That's basically it. I went with the XLT, and the lugs aren't as aggressive as a KO2 or Duratrac, but they're pretty solid.

jjfranco

Reaction score
XLT has bigger shoulder lugs. That's basically it. I went with the XLT, and the lugs aren't as aggressive as a KO2 or Duratrac, but they're pretty solid.
How are they in Snow and Ice? (Tire rack says they are just ok but I have read otherwise)

Attaboy

Reaction score
XLTs also weigh quite a bit more with the extra lugs etc. LTs and XLTs are excellent in snow/ice/rain. If you’re in the mud or driving in snowy fields often go XLT but the LTs do fine for once in a while and are a tad better for on road snow/ice conditions.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I drove them in the snow that is in my profile pic and had no issues, but they were practically brand new. 4Hi at 40+ with several inches of snow on the road no problems. Ice is ice, but they handled like I would expect an AT tire. I've been really happy with them in the almost 8k miles I've had them, so if they keep it up this will be my tire of choice going forward.

Users who are viewing this thread