5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AT tire with low road noise.

Bubba1120

Reaction score
I had the BFG KO2’s on my last truck, they looked great, but I got tired of the Rough ride even I had them aired down to 45. Also, they did not do well in the rain, especially when I towed my camper. I was seriously looking at Yokohama Geolandar G015's, wish I had gone with them
they were too wide.
I just traded today for a 24 Laramie, with the pirelli scorpion verde. So far they ride really nice, plus they are XL loaded for towing.

Leemanwentz

Reaction score
I had the BFG KO2’s on my last truck, they looked great, but I got tired of the Rough ride even I had them aired down to 45. Also, they did not do well in the rain, especially when I towed my camper. I was seriously looking at Yokohama Geolandar G015's, wish I had gone with them
they were too wide.
I just traded today for a 24 Laramie, with the pirelli scorpion verde. So far they ride really nice, plus they are XL loaded for towing.
You will love the Pirelli's for hauling *** and cornering but I burned through mine in 35k miles like butter.
It's the same tire Ram puts on the Hellcat etc. Nice racing tire but soft.

CogitoErgoLevo

Reaction score
I had Nitto Recon Grappler 275/55/20 LT E rated for a couple years and they are pretty loud and were worthless on wet pavement. They also degraded ride quality. I had them inflated at 51 PSI as recommended by Nitto.
I just got highway tires now and cannot believe how quiet they are and ride quality is back to SUV level.

Last edited:

Ram4Lou

Reaction score
they were too wide.
I concur. Had the BFG KO2's on two of my vehicles. Noisy and rough. Not sure why, but for some reason they are especially noisy on smooth blacktop highways 🤷‍♂️. They look great, but definitely ruin the smooth comfortable ride! Never again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/