5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AT&T Hotspot stopped working

INVISBLE

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Limited and I have both disconnected the battery and pulled the fuse and it doesnt help one bit, still no internet traffic. Yes I have had a paid sub since 10/2021. And yet it worked fine after they swapped out my 12" for the 2nd time in 2 years until the 1G limit was met then it stopped. Been round and round with the ATT morons oh so many times, all they do is keep adding more "courtesy" time to try to keep my money. They also keep telling me that the issue is with Stellantis and not them, but that is a lie. After all when you connect to the wifi it sends you to their INTERNET page for your account(it tells you to sign in), this is on their servers, the only thing not letting you traffic is their firewall because your on the net looking at your account right? AND the data usage shown on your account will show a very small corresponding amount used everytime you login. They say that the problem will be resolved by the end of May, well here we are and still nothing.

tfitz44

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I just recently noticed that my wifi hotspot is also not working. I will first try pulling the fuse and resetting the unit. If it doesn’t work, then I’ll disconnect the battery. I’ll also check with AT&T and Uconnect and will update if I have any new information.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I just recently noticed that my wifi hotspot is also not working. I will first try pulling the fuse and resetting the unit. If it doesn’t work, then I’ll disconnect the battery. I’ll also check with AT&T and Uconnect and will update if I have any new information.
Pretty sure the radio is toast...

Snotadoodge

Reaction score
Thiinking my issue is different from many here. We use the WiFi on driving trips only, so I just pay a month and uncheck the box that continues the service monthly. This worked in Oct of last year and April of this year.

We heading out this weekend for a week long driving trip and the ATT website says:
1664239405574.png

It is interesting that when I logged on to ATT, they forgot my truck. Login worked, but they had no record of my RAM. I can try the fuse trick, but it seems odd ATT would know from my VIN there was an issue related to my head unit?

I posted on the ATT website about this here: Ram Truck/ ATT not allowing service | Page 2 | AT&T Community Forums

tom318

Reaction score
Thiinking my issue is different from many here. We use the WiFi on driving trips only, so I just pay a month and uncheck the box that continues the service monthly. This worked in Oct of last year and April of this year.

We heading out this weekend for a week long driving trip and the ATT website says:
View attachment 139903

It is interesting that when I logged on to ATT, they forgot my truck. Login worked, but they had no record of my RAM. I can try the fuse trick, but it seems odd ATT would know from my VIN there was an issue related to my head unit?

I posted on the ATT website about this here: Ram Truck/ ATT not allowing service | Page 2 | AT&T Community Forums
That does seem a bit different. Mine has been working off and on and I have to do the head unit reset pretty often but it does continue to work. Wonder if they will let me pay for the service again next year when it expires or I’ll get that message....

U

User_3336

I posted the direct email to the corporate office that handles connected car issues a while back. Never read back that anyone bothered emailing them. Its the only way I got my issue resolved.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ram stopped paying their LTE shutdown protection money.

dieldrin

Reaction score
My WiFi has dropped out almost monthly on my 21 Laramie.
Always on a road trip with the kids.
The head unit reset never worked, I always had to pull the fuse F44.
This happened so frequently that I eventually tossed the screws and fastened a tiny tie wrap to the fuse so I could find it and pull it fast.
About a month ago I was further disgusted with this and I installed a switch inline with the fuse so I can just reach down and press a button to "pull" the fuse and reset the head unit.

Snotadoodge

Reaction score
From the ATT page a user states:
I called connected services and they stated it is a known issue with the uconnect software. supposedly some update (last December) broke something and now to protect themselves from support calls either AT&T or Ram (can't find out who) has prevented anyone from signing up.

U

User_3336

If this issue is related to a Uconnect software, how will an email to ATT help?
WELL . . . . . . AT&T controls the hotspot and you HAVE to go thru the AT&T portal for the hotspot to work.........

The email was thrown out there, its the only way I got my issue fixed. I have UCONNECT 5.

Was just trying to help.

Snotadoodge

Reaction score
WELL . . . . . . AT&T controls the hotspot and you HAVE to go thru the AT&T portal for the hotspot to work.........

The email was thrown out there, its the only way I got my issue fixed. I have UCONNECT 5.

Was just trying to help.
Email sent :)

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If this issue is related to a Uconnect software, how will an email to ATT help?
The problem is Ram didn't/hasn't update their IMEI list with ATT. ATT purged everything, all IMEI wholesale there were not whitelisted by them due to the LTE shutdown. Somewhere some middle management bozos are happy they met some metric and meanwhile lots of people have lost services if they were not marked as an active paid for IMEI in the ATT system, they were wiped. If they ever go inactive, they get wiped.

The only way that's getting fixed is through legal options, or someone points out to an even more pointed haired moron who is the boss of the clown crew at ATT how much money they are losing by not providing services to X amount of people who cannot activate service.

U

User_3336

The problem is Ram didn't/hasn't update their IMEI list with ATT. ATT purged everything, all IMEI wholesale there were not whitelisted by them due to the LTE shutdown. Somewhere some middle management bozos are happy they met some metric and meanwhile lots of people have lost services if they were not marked as an active paid for IMEI in the ATT system, they were wiped. If they ever go inactive, they get wiped.

The only way that's getting fixed is through legal options, or someone points out to an even more pointed haired moron who is the boss of the clown crew at ATT how much money they are losing by not providing services to X amount of people who cannot activate service.
That is a similar story I was told by the Office of the President @ AT&T! Not that AT&T purged IMEI's, but that that a bunch of VIN #'s and IMEI's of the hotspots didn't get transmitted properly to AT&T from FCA properly.
Some of the Sim card #'s (ICCID's) didn't correspond to the IMEI's of the hotspots, so this was interrupting activation. My issue was with a NEW activation on a '22 model year with UCONNECT 5. I can only speak of this scenario. After a couple of days of dealing wtih AT&T, they got mine up and working. I did receive a phone number on the initial activation, but the activation would not complete. AT&T did, however, know the IMEI and ICCID of the hotspot in the head unit. So my activation wasn't really a software issue, but was corruption in the data AT&T was sent.

Now, the other issues that have arised with people trying to reactivate could possible tied to the issue Aseras talked about, where accounts were purged if they were inactive.

I originally wrote a BBB complaint, this this is the way my issue got rolling and resolved.

The email I supplied does go to the connected car escalation team, but unknown if they will answer emails that don't have an active case # / escalation attached to them.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That is a similar story I was told by the Office of the President @ AT&T! Not that AT&T purged IMEI's, but that that a bunch of VIN #'s and IMEI's of the hotspots didn't get transmitted properly to AT&T from FCA properly.
Some of the Sim card #'s (ICCID's) didn't correspond to the IMEI's of the hotspots, so this was interrupting activation. My issue was with a NEW activation on a '22 model year with UCONNECT 5. I can only speak of this scenario. After a couple of days of dealing wtih AT&T, they got mine up and working. I did receive a phone number on the initial activation, but the activation would not complete. AT&T did, however, know the IMEI and ICCID of the hotspot in the head unit. So my activation wasn't really a software issue, but was corruption in the data AT&T was sent.

Now, the other issues that have arised with people trying to reactivate could possible tied to the issue Aseras talked about, where accounts were purged if they were inactive.

I originally wrote a BBB complaint, this this is the way my issue got rolling and resolved.

The email I supplied does go to the connected car escalation team, but unknown if they will answer emails that don't have an active case # / escalation attached to them.
They don't have a hardcoded ICCID, they are an esim and can be provisioned remotely. All that's needed is the IMEI and whose IMEI that is so that they can use that manufacturers diagnostics to access the baked in back door for provisioning.

Snotadoodge

Reaction score
Response from the RAM FB Messenger (I sent my issue with VIN):
Hello Dennis,
We apologize for the inconvenience this causes. We've been advised AT&T has discontinued Wi-Fi enrollment for the radio equipped with your vehicle while the proper teams investigate a solution to restore this feature. A fix is expected by the end of 2022 calendar year and you will be notified when it is restored. However, this timing is subject to change at any time during their investigation.
Steph
Ram Cares

Huffmanns

Reaction score
2019 1500 here, Wi-Fi stopped working as well. Stopped paying. FCA and AT&T keep pointing the fingers at each other. Really have had only issues with this truck since I purchased it.

U

User_3336

2019 1500 here, Wi-Fi stopped working as well. Stopped paying. FCA and AT&T keep pointing the fingers at each other. Really have had only issues with this truck since I purchased it.
Submit a chargeback to AT&T if you paid, and it stopped.

Users who are viewing this thread