5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arm Rest Organizer is here

69Sting

Reaction score
As many forum members know, my son does 3D design and printing. He has had some very good success with the center console organizer and there were some request for the arm rest storage area to also have an organizer built. It took longer than expected but it is finally here. Has a place to store business cards or run a charging cable from the back to the front.

amazing210

Reaction score
Just to be clear this is the top organizer for the middle where your arm rests? the pictures are not the greatest. maybe post one not so close if you could thanks.

geotex1

Reaction score
Almost what I was looking for...

Any ability to customize, or maybe make different configurations?

I really need one that can hold a scientific calculator in place, a 25-foot tape measure, and pens/pencils.

69Sting

Reaction score
Just to be clear this is the top organizer for the middle where your arm rests? the pictures are not the greatest. maybe post one not so close if you could thanks.

Amazing210,

You are correct in location. We will get a few more pics on the site this evening to show the location.

69Sting

69Sting

Reaction score
Almost what I was looking for...

Any ability to customize, or maybe make different configurations?

I really need one that can hold a scientific calculator in place, a 25-foot tape measure, and pens/pencils.

geotex1,

Yes with some limitations. I pm'd you on this.

69Sting

BlckDT

Reaction score
Just an update. I took the risk as a Bighorn owner and it does not fit. Too much height and the lid will not make a complete close. Of course I still believe it’s built great just like the console organizer I have and does fit.

I May bust out the dremel and play.

BDEEE6CA-57C3-461E-8EA8-4DBF8F208558.jpeg

49BB0A64-4D50-4B1F-A8A6-93A3530F03D8.jpeg

69Sting

Reaction score
Just an update. I took the risk as a Bighorn owner and it does not fit. Too much height and the lid will not make a complete close. Of course I still believe it’s built great just like the console organizer I have and does fit.

I May bust out the dremel and play.

View attachment 36297

View attachment 36298
BlckDT,

Apologizes it doesn't fit. If you would like to ship it back, we would provide a refund. Just email via the Etsy store this request and please include your forum member name.
The tolerances are tight but i have no issues closing the arm rest in my Laramie, no idea why there would be difference with a Bighorn. Curious where it isn't fitting, if it is the whole height or one spot is catching.

69Sting

BlckDT

Reaction score
BlckDT,

Apologizes it doesn't fit. If you would like to ship it back, we would provide a refund. Just email via the Etsy store this request and please include your forum member name.
The tolerances are tight but i have no issues closing the arm rest in my Laramie, no idea why there would be difference with a Bighorn. Curious where it isn't fitting, if it is the whole height or one spot is catching.

69Sting
No need to apologize. I’ll keep it and play a little with it to. I think the height is the biggest thing but I’ll make some measurements again sometime this week.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
@69Sting ...I highly recommend you take a unit up to your local dealer and try it in various RAM configurations. I, too, would think they'd all be the same but it's clear from the pics @BlckDT posted that it is too high for the cover to close. This way your son can make multiple options based on trim level ;)

69Sting

Reaction score
@69Sting ...I highly recommend you take a unit up to your local dealer and try it in various RAM configurations. I, too, would think they'd all be the same but it's clear from the pics @BlckDT posted that it is too high for the cover to close. This way your son can make multiple options based on trim level ;)
Securityguy,
I did that with the first organizer my son built for the lower portion. Unfortunately the dealer I bought my truck from isn't the happiest to open up a few trucks for me to test the items. Plus they don't seem to have trucks on the lot in each trim. Last time I was there they didn't have a Limited or Rebel. So I do agree with you, it just isn't as feasible as it sounds. Possibly I need to find a new dealer.

69Sting

69Sting

Reaction score
No need to apologize. I’ll keep it and play a little with it to. I think the height is the biggest thing but I’ll make some measurements again sometime this week.
BlckDT,
Since there are subtle differences in each trim model I am curious if your arm rest storage area for this organizer has the felt lining or a rubber mat on the bottom. My Laramie has an attached felt covering to it, from pics I have seen the Rebels appear to have a rubber mat on the bottom. If you have a rubber mat like the Rebel than that could be why the height is to tall.
Please advise.

69Sting

2019 PB

Reaction score
Did you make one for the lower compartment? I’d be interested if so.

69Sting

Reaction score
Did you make one for the lower compartment? I’d be interested if so.

Yes, he has two for the lower area. Both are the Etsy site. You can use the link for the upper organizer and click to other products or use the link below. Thank you for asking.

2019 PB

Reaction score
Yes, he has two for the lower area. Both are the Etsy site. You can use the link for the upper organizer and click to other products or use the link below. Thank you for asking.

Thx

That bottom console should’ve had some factory options or oem inserts. Glad someone stepped up with a solution.

Users who are viewing this thread