5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are these options worth it?

Cygnus A

Reaction score
So I am looking for my new truck and like these options:

2019 RAM 4X4 CREW CAB 5'7" BOX
V8 Engine
3.92 DRIVE
LEVEL 2 EQUIP GROUP
DELUXE CLOTH BUCKET SEATS
PREMIUM LED LIGHTING PACKAGE
20 INCH WHEELS

These items combined severely limit the available stock out there to chose from. The premium LED seems to be the real killer with not many Big Horns coming with that package. Are those lights worth it? What about the LVL 2 equipment group? the power outlet seems like a good thing to have and the seat heaters. Remote start might be a deal breaker because I have that now and don't think i can go without it living in the desert (cool the truck off before getting in, etc..).

Bottom line is I am having trouble finding a good lease deal and might need to cast a wider net. Any tips would be appreciated.

Deriggs007

Reaction score

V8 Engine
3.92 DRIVE
LEVEL 2 EQUIP GROUP
20 INCH WHEELS

These items combined severely limit the available stock out there to chose from. The premium LED seems to be the real killer with not many Big Horns coming with that package. Are those lights worth it? What about the LVL 2 equipment group? the power outlet seems like a good thing to have and the seat heaters. Remote start might be a deal breaker because I have that now and don't think i can go without it living in the desert (cool the truck off before getting in, etc..).

Bottom line is I am having trouble finding a good lease deal and might need to cast a wider net. Any tips would be appreciated.

I haven't seen a hard time getting the premium LED lighting package, it basically makes it the same as the Laramie lights. Everything in the interior is closer to the Laramie as well, except you're using cloth vs's leather (I'd negotiate Katskin leather at dealer)

I see pretty much every sports appearance package add the level 2 + the 20" wheels. Those should not be hard to find at all, prett much almost all of my dealers in my area carry everything you're looking for except maybe the 3.92.

Where are you located?

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

V8 Engine
3.92 DRIVE
LEVEL 2 EQUIP GROUP
20 INCH WHEELS

I have a Big Horn as described without the 3.92, bucket seats and 20" wheels. Very happy and feel the level 2 and LEDS are worth it although LED bulb replacement sounds like it can be expensive. Searching using various zip codes I found only 2 trucks that fit my criteria prior to having it built. They were 500-1000 miles away and my credit union (1.95% rate) did not deal with those states. I blamed the scarcity on cloth bench seats but it appears it may be the cloth with level 2 and LEDS.
Level 2 in Big Horn does not have keyless entry, something I would really like to have so I could leave the remote in my pocket. To get that feature I would have to step up to the next level and lose the cloth seats which took priority.
From my understanding from this forum you need the Nav if you want to be able to use an app from your phone to remote start the vehicle. Not sure of the situation in which you want to use the remote start.

Deriggs007

Reaction score
Also, lease offers with RAM aren't very good... it's almost better to suck up the extra bit of money and purchase.

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The only IIHS rating that wasn't top-notch? Base headlights. Get the upgrade.

Cannonball

Reaction score
If the LED lights are the only thing the truck doesn't have, buy it and swap them out later! You're getting better incentives with a big horn vs a Laramie anyways.

You'll even get a few bucks back from selling the halogen lights.

Lonestar21

Reaction score
Buy a truck that has everything that you want.
For me I would definitely buy the led package you get performance and looks with this package, without it you will regret it later, it’s a nice add on and it gives the truck an aggressive look (see picture for reference) if you buy it without and later want it, it will be super expensive to mod It.

If you have remote start now make sure you buy a truck with it. If your upgrading make sure your really upgrading and not setteling for less. I can sacrifice the 20” wheels as you can buy a takeoff set for a good price or even see if your dealer has the takeoffs they take off the trucks they lift and add it to your deal. Good luck hope this make sense

Attachments

• 4186A1CF-0283-4B09-8BCC-A0D6DF9CA065.jpeg
    4186A1CF-0283-4B09-8BCC-A0D6DF9CA065.jpeg
    112.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 7CD7A950-5B5F-4B27-9ACA-545A8586396F.jpeg
    7CD7A950-5B5F-4B27-9ACA-545A8586396F.jpeg
    107.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 828D0C2A-9419-4F86-AB7C-49ECFC00EAAD.jpeg
    828D0C2A-9419-4F86-AB7C-49ECFC00EAAD.jpeg
    112.2 KB · Views: 46
  • CDC0BD6D-B709-40BE-AF31-791C734B192B.jpeg
    CDC0BD6D-B709-40BE-AF31-791C734B192B.jpeg
    122 KB · Views: 42

glennf14

Reaction score

V8 Engine
3.92 DRIVE
LEVEL 2 EQUIP GROUP
20 INCH WHEELS

I agree with @Lonestar21 - 100% get the LED package if you're looking for a Big Horn trim truck. Don't skip the remote start either, especially with your extreme weather.

Have you removed the 3.92 to see if that widens your search? You shouldn't need the 3.92 unless you plan on towing over 8k pounds regularly.
The 3.21 is gonna give you a good bump in gas mileage vs the 3.92, which likes to suck gas once you hit 60mph or higher. (I have 3.92 on my truck.)

Cannonball

Reaction score
Buy a truck that has everything that you want.
For me I would definitely buy the led package you get performance and looks with this package, without it you will regret it later, it’s a nice add on and it gives the truck an aggressive look (see picture for reference) if you buy it without and later want it, it will be super expensive to mod It.

If you have remote start now make sure you buy a truck with it. If your upgrading make sure your really upgrading and not setteling for less. I can sacrifice the 20” wheels as you can buy a takeoff set for a good price or even see if your dealer has the takeoffs they take off the trucks they lift and add it to your deal. Good luck hope this make sense
Assumes podium: ahem...Buy a truck with everything you want.... Don't settle for less... Except the wheel tire package?! You're killing me smalls :ROFLMAO:

79 300

Reaction score
If you can't find one in stock with everything you want, just find a good dealer and order one. That's what I wound up doing. For the money you will be spending, it isn't right to have to settle for something close to what you want. Mine only took 6 weeks to come in. That is nothing compared to the 72 months most people will be paying on the thing.

On a side note, if you find one in stock somewhere, make sure you are aware of the tow mirror situation that has been discussed here. Search it if you don't know about it.

Lonestar21

Reaction score
Assumes podium: ahem...Buy a truck with everything you want.... Don't settle for less... Except the wheel tire package?! You're killing me smalls :ROFLMAO:

What’s wrong with that?
Wheels are an easy swap and it shouldn’t be a deal breaker. I did say buy with everything you want but what I meant wheels is something that shouldn’t break the deal,
as far as remote start, led package etc... it doesn’t make sense to skip like you said with the led’s and try to add later. Electronic stuff like that takes more than just adding the “part” let alone the high cost.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sadly I wanted basic, yet ended up going Laramie due to my wife’s needs. OP if you want the lights, get them initially, don’t swap electronics later unless it’s worked into a dealers deal. Yes wheels and tires can definitely be acquired later, but if you are leasing why bother ?

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You're nearly building a Big Horn into a Laramie so why not look in that direction?
That is great advice! I did the same thing before I bought mine. I was building a Big Horn and trying to figure out the options I wanted; then I realized that a Laramie had most of those options.

Chrisdp23

Reaction score
So my Truck has everything you listed but the 3.92 gears and I am so glad I did get the led and level 2 package the heated seats and steering wheel on 11 degree days were so nice. For me they are definitely worth the money.

As for why not just getting the Laramie it was several grand more because I have the black out package.

Jagtyson

Reaction score

V8 Engine
3.92 DRIVE
LEVEL 2 EQUIP GROUP
20 INCH WHEELS

Move up to a Laramie verses a bighorn. Easier to find truck optioned the way you want.

PTRAM

Reaction score

V8 Engine
3.92 DRIVE
LEVEL 2 EQUIP GROUP
20 INCH WHEELS

I would say yes to all your options and add a couple which I did with my purchase of my Big Horn about 5 weeks ago. (see my signature) However, I should have done more research which I usually do. I found this Ram on my dealer's lot and traded my 2018 Grand Cherokee in for it and I don't think any other dealer would have given me the same deal this dealer did as I have purchased many vehicles from him ($5500 OTD including bed liner and steps-taxes and any fees--Ram MSRP $49950 before steps and bed liner)). But I should have done a little more research (was not a member on this forum at the time). I probably could have gotten a Laramie for a couple of grand more perhaps. And my dealer would have made a dealer trade to get me one and still given me a great deal. Of course I was getting a Quad but it was a loaded Big Horn and I am happy with it. But I do miss the memory seats and the complete tech package. But I love my Ram and glad I purchased it as I used to buy them all the time. Oh, the remote start is part of level 2. BLind spot with cross-path and Trailer Detection I would suggest adding as an option.

TVANVA

Reaction score
Boy, I hate to be the turd that shows up at the Laramie Party but........be sure to factor in that the Laramie generally gets lower incentives than the Big Horn (although check to be sure because they seem to be constantly in flux).

The big IF here is IF you need the near term gratification of buying off the lot or will you be happier in the long term getting exactly what you want.

I looked really hard at the Laramie (mostly due to the awesome hood), but ended up ordering a Big Horn exactly like I wanted. I'll add some missing options later, starting with Katzkin leather that I'll do myself. The added incentives will mostly pay for the additions, so the total amount spent should end up less than a Laramie (my wife is a good teacher when it comes to rationalizations).

And yes (sigh), there is a fair chance that one day I'll buy a Rebel/Laramie hood, have it painted to match, and install it myself, screwing up my clever accounting. But it will be fun.

Hmmm.....but if I sell the old hood to pay for the new one.........

Users who are viewing this thread