5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are these options worth it?

Deriggs007

Reaction score
I'd still option for the Laramie. You just get so much for the packages. A level 1 Laramie package is about the same as a level 2 on a big horn. By the time you add all those options to the vehicle, you're essentially paying for a Laramie with cloth seats and missing features.

The Laramie I'm probably going to purchase is 43K before rebates and has the Level 2, 12" uConnect, Panoramic sunroof, 20" tires, the lighting is standard. It's just a v6 with lower gears.

Sure, you can add the Katzskin to the deal, but by that time you're still about the same price as a more basic version of a Laramie. Yes, the rebates aren't CURRENTLY as good, but come February - they may roll to a Laramie, maybe a limited or a tradesmen and those may be gone on Big horns. You never know.

Just my 0.02c

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
Cygnus A,

My Level 2 Big Horn came with remote start. Are you sure it is not listed on the MSRP/window sticker:
"Remote-Start System (N/A Manual Transmission)" ??? When I was doing my research, there were two Level 2 packages for Bighorn and a Level 1. Level 2 $2,100 and Level $2,400 aux-----both have remote start listed. The Level 1 did not have it.

4X4 CREW CAB 5'7" BOX-----------------WISH I GOT THE 4X4 BUT DID GET 6"4" BED
V8 Engine---------------------------------YESSSSSSSSSS
3.92 DRIVE--------------------------------YES
LEVEL 2 EQUIP GROUP-------------------YES
DELUXE CLOTH BUCKET SEATS-----------YES, HAPPY WITH THEM MAY UPGRADE BUT FEEL GREAT SO FAR
PREMIUM LED LIGHTING PACKAGE------WISH I GOT THEM INSTEAD OF 20" THEN UPGRADE LATER
20 INCH WHEELS -------------------------YES

I am in Florida so the 4x4 I could live without, figured the antiskid would help me a bit with the all terrain tires(I had already purchased) and some sand bags if I travel in snow states.

Like I stated above I am happy with the deluxe cloth bucket seats so far no complaints. Thread in here where member upgraded with Katzkin leather option--looks great.

I definitely wish I had the Premium LED Lighting Package. But the vehicles available narrowed down to the must haves for me of the antiskid and 3.92, level 2, had the 20" wheels but did not have the Premium Ligting pkg.

I am happy with my selection, MSRP was $48,000 I got out the door at $38,500.

As far as searching and depending on how far you are willing to travel to get the complete package you want; change the zip codes on the RAMTRUCK build website and place the range to 150 miles. I did this with zip codes (you can pull up major city zip codes per state) all along the east coast and a bit west to see what was available at the dealerships.

You may already have done this....go onto the build a RAM and enter in your criteria, once you get onto the screen where it list dealer inventory you can change your options, just have to play around with it a bit. At the top right of the screen you can change your zip code. In your option areas you can make your range 150 miles and that will show you what every dealership (within 150 miles of zip code you entered) has on hand and orders coming in for their stock as well.

I had a road trip to Pennsylvania from Florida so I hit up a few dealerships along the way as I had no time restrictions. Hit up the 3 dealerships around my area. Ended up purchasing my vehicle on the otherside/coast of Florida.

Good luck with your search. Did you list your city and state? I could take a minute and look it up...I became proficient with the build website...lmao

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
Wish i had gotten the LED's but not all that much... but there wasn't a black Big Horn with Level 2 equipment with black appearance pkg with 3.92 (a must have for me) for over a 1000 miles with LED's and honestly never drive at night, so not too big an issue for me.....

NOW not having a Proximity Key is torture, (in Vehicle 1st Problem World : ) especially when i haven't had to pull out a key fob in like 10 years!

When i purchased this RAM i confused "keyless entry/remote start" with "Keyless Go" and from Day One regretted not being able to keep key in pocket at all times.... As for the LED's, we bought 2 2019's, one with LED Pkg & one without, maybe swap them out at some point if it becomes doable....

But dang, sure wish i had gotten Keyless Go which i believe is ONLY available on Laramie and UP, not as an added option...And not for nothing, the Key fob Remote Start /unlocking etc has a delay on it like the thing is in a deep sleep every time you push any button.......Grrr wake up sleepyhead!

lonestar_penta19

Reaction score
Level 2 was a must for me. I love the remote start, heated seats and other creature comforts.

Users who are viewing this thread