5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ARE CX REVO Topper

BuiltToServeCeramic

Reaction score
Curious who on here has this topper and if they could share any insight? I really like the frameless window look, however have heard and seen some things that worry me about the rear window. Any issues with water/dust getting into the bed? Issues with the rear window being secure? Looking to pull the trigger ASAP and have been looking at Z2 as well but wanted to hear any and all insight on the REVO. Thank you in advance!!

runner_0

Reaction score
I have one on my truck for a few months now and like it. I had to go back a few times to get back window adjusted and have a new seal installed in the front were water was getting in but all good now. The bottom of the back glass on both sides has small openings where dust could get in but I haven't had any issues with it even after driving on a dusty logging road for over 2 hours. I had a leer 100XQ on my previous 2 trucks and found to have way more leaking and dust problems with the Leer then the A.R.E. Overall I really like it and don't regret buying it even after seeing the negative reviews on it.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't have that brand - I have a Leer 180 I think it is - but my experience so far with a cap on this generation truck:

1. Not 100% sure I would get the sliding removable window again. I like the idea of being able to open it to use it and the truck sliding window if you needed the length, but I've only done it once and you have to be really careful with the seals. And the slider on mine rattles; I only notice it if I have the truck's rear window open, but apparently all the Leers do because I've seen it on other forums.

2. No real dust. But the bed of my truck is usually full of construction crap so I might not notice anyway :D

3. Water: Virtually waterproof. I have noticed a tiny bit of water in the hardest downpours, but because I have a bed rug and a bedliner it just goes under it, if anything. Never had anything in the back get wet.

Mtsabo

Reaction score
My ARE dealer told me that piece of curved glass is about 1K if it ever breaks. I decided to pass for the V series,

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’m thinking about this topper and also the Z2 but leaning more towards this one.

Anybody have one and can you provide pics of yours? How do you like it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/