5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

APRIL 2021 Factory Order members

alpha_brit

Reaction score
I am so confused why some vehicles are so quick to be built and others sit stagnant for so long. I ordered right at the end of the month, but I thought by now it would have been started along in the process. Still at "parts gathered, sit back and twiddle your thumbs" stage and getting frustrated.

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am so confused why some vehicles are so quick to be built and others sit stagnant for so long. I ordered right at the end of the month, but I thought by now it would have been started along in the process. Still at "parts gathered, sit back and twiddle your thumbs" stage and getting frustrated.
You are assuming there exists a logical process to this madness…there is not

Hemidakota

Reaction score
We have tried to figure out how everything is done but I think they just pick at random. I spent 42 days gathering parts.

Upsman001

Reaction score
Ram chat just told me my delivery estimate is 6/28-7/12

2021 Ram 1500 4x4 Limited Crew cab 5’7” bed || Non Etorque Hemi || 3.21 gears || Billet silver || Ramboxs || 33 gallon tank || Panoramic sunroof || Off road group || Bed utility group || Advanced safety group || Trailer brake control || Ordered 4/30/21 || Estimated build date 6/18 || Build sheet 6/18 || window sticker 6/21 ||

Fabman75

Reaction score
We have tried to figure out how everything is done but I think they just pick at random. I spent 42 days gathering parts.
I've come to think(at least for the past few months) it has to do with the shortage of parts , seemed like higher trim levels were being pushed out before lower trims due to parts on hand and those options being standard on those trims opposed to lower trims along with them having a higher price point. I think high volume dealerships have a upper hand. as well as the production orders being scheduled by trim and them having a certian number of that trim before entering production and the date you ordered relative to all of the above. But then again who knows lol.

I have been gathering parts since.........I forgot when, so they escalated order 🤣 after 48 days and nothing for next 2 weeks. Then yesterday actually Monday Mathew said they had all materials and should be entering production soon.. Yesterday was Vivian and she said the same. I had to confirm 😂. Time will tell how long soon or very soon is.

alpha_brit

Reaction score
I have been gathering parts since.........I forgot when, so they escalated order 🤣 after 48 days and nothing for next 2 weeks. Then yesterday actually Monday Mathew said they had all materials and should be entering production soon.. Yesterday was Vivian and she said the same. I had to confirm 😂. Time will tell how long soon or very soon is.
Alas, I am two weeks behind you, and at this point I am certain I will miss my easy-to-travel window for picking up the truck. I knew it would take time for the build, but I didn't anticipate it being quite so long.

SBrentnall

Reaction score
well Ramchat is useless at this point. My truck is 2 hours away and they say it won't be delivered for another week and a half.
How are you guys getting dealer etas? My truck has been in the "shipping" stage for a week and I've had the window sticker for a while, but Ram Chat keeps saying they can't give me a dealer ETA.

Hemidakota

Reaction score
How are you guys getting dealer etas? My truck has been in the "shipping" stage for a week and I've had the window sticker for a while, but Ram Chat keeps saying they can't give me a dealer ETA.
If you get someone at Ramchat that cares then they will tell you or salesman will look it up. Mine is currently still in the holding lot at the train yard. Guess waiting on transport to the dealership 2 hours away.

Hemidakota

Reaction score
On a separate note, I feel like Ram is sort of like the government. I filed my Federal taxes on 4-3 and ordered my truck on 4-10. They both are telling me that it's coming but I have yet to see anything from either one of them.

FormerTitanFan

Reaction score
Ramchat was excellent at giving me zero information during transport. Fortunately my salesman was able to tell me exactly where it was anytime I asked.

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On a separate note, I feel like Ram is sort of like the government. I filed my Federal taxes on 4-3 and ordered my truck on 4-10. They both are telling me that it's coming but I have yet to see anything from either one of them.
I work for the federal government, can confirm!

traveller09

Reaction score
Update: My truck has arrived at the dealership. This is a few days earlier than expected so nice surprise. I won't be able to pick it up until the 5th, but still nice to know its ready to go. I'll provide another update after paperwork is completed.
Mine too, Aydin sent me a pic. I will go in probably today and pick it up. So they were train buddies after all. Too funny.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online